Credit Card Reclaiming Success Stories

Comments

• Any advice?
    I have a frasercard (now Santander). Has anyone been sucessfull in claiming back late charges? I have £15 charges and some £12 charges recently. I was intending to claim the lot plus interest and see how I get on.
  • KillyGirl wrote: »
    Any advice?
    I have a frasercard (now Santander). Has anyone been sucessfull in claiming back late charges? I have £15 charges and some £12 charges recently. I was intending to claim the lot plus interest and see how I get on.

Claim em back ;)
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • barloo69
    barloo69 Posts: 372 Forumite
    katyk wrote: »
    Hi

Very late to be starting this but have never been the quickest off the block. Have decided to reclaim bank charges but we have 3 different accounts, all with the Nat West. 2 are in joint names (me and hubby), and 1 is my name only.
    Can anyone advise if I need to submit 3 seperate letters or if the 2 in joint names should be submitted on the one letter? Also, I presume this would need both signatures on it.

Many thanks
    Katyk

If I were you, I would split these into 3 seperate letters and send them perhaps a week apart. This will prevent the customer service operative (probably a 16 year old school leaver) at the banks end getting confused and making a mistake.

It will also make things clearer your end as well when it comes to calculating the charges.

Ultimately though your choice.

Oh BTW - joint account yeah you are going to need both signatures.

Good luck.
    If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D
  • emmadragon
    emmadragon Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Provider: Barclaycard
    Amount Reclaimed: £256.00
    Amount they paid: £256.00
    The story: Asked for the difference in my charges (£20 before changes so asked for £8) and they paid up. Covered my outstanding balance so a free month for me!
    2009 Wins so far: 6 month supply of special K, Super Glue, Pushing Dasies Season 2 DVD, Sonisphere Tickets, Gold iPod, Fourth Plinth Winner 8th Oct 6-7pm, £100 Tesco Vouchers, Star-Ship Troopers on Blu-Ray (no player yet!), another iPod Touch
    First win Friday 13th - who said it was unlucky?
  • donz81
    donz81 Posts: 10 Forumite
    :mad: :mad:

OMG has anyone had hassle getting statemets from Lloyds? I have now written 2 letters with no reply. I called them tonight, only to be on the phone over an hour to all different sides of the world to then be hung up on.
    I eventually got through to someone helpful who said that he would put my urgent request through to the correct area and my statements would be sent out within 3-5 working days. We'll see. I told the guy that if i dont get them by this time next week - IC here i come.
    Very frustrating!!!!!!!
  • donz81 wrote: »
    :mad: :mad:

OMG has anyone had hassle getting statemets from Lloyds? I have now written 2 letters with no reply. I called them tonight, only to be on the phone over an hour to all different sides of the world to then be hung up on.
    I eventually got through to someone helpful who said that he would put my urgent request through to the correct area and my statements would be sent out within 3-5 working days. We'll see. I told the guy that if i dont get them by this time next week - IC here i come.
    Very frustrating!!!!!!!

Was the request sent Recorded Delivery to the registered address with the £10 fee attached?

• metherer
    metherer Posts: 560 Forumite
    Provider: Barclaycard
    Amount Reclaimed: £180
    Amount they paid: £180
    The story: Asked for charges of £20 refunding, dating from between 2001 and 2005. Sent one letter, detailing each charge and the date of it. That was on 15.07.09.

Today I received a letter back, dated 24.07.09, saying:
    "I am sorry you feel the charges you have incurred are unfair. We believe that our charges are both fair and transparent"
    "however, as a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability, Barclaycard are prepared to credit you with £180 in full and final settlement of your claim."
    "Please be advised that from 1st August 2006, Barclaycard reduced its fee to £12 following the publication of the statement by the OFT"

Now, I've obviously missed out huge chunks of the two page letter, picking out the pertinent points. But in summary
    'We're saying our charges are fair, but we had to reduce them anyway following the OFT's statement. So, we're going to refund you the full amount you asked for, but only if you pretend we did nowt wrong.'

Fine by me, my acceptance letter is going back in the morning!
    Not heavily in debt, but still trying to sort things out.
    Baby due July 2018.
  • EGG
    Claiming £400.01

Woohoo !! Egg have just offered me £32 :j instead of £400. Iwas going to let them off the 1p if they paid up but not now if they think I'll give up that easy
  • shamrock7
    shamrock7 Posts: 230 Forumite
    I cant believe I never noticed this before but my Next Directory issues a service charge every month. I have just added these up over 2 years to be £538! Can I claim these back or are they indeed above board?
  • shamrock7 wrote: »
    I cant believe I never noticed this before but my Next Directory issues a service charge every month. I have just added these up over 2 years to be £538! Can I claim these back or are they indeed above board?
    If they are for late charges, default charges, overlimit charges then yes otherwise no.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport