Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Well, no :( in your shoes, I'd be, let me see, a lot more than downright peeved! The muscle relaxants must make you very drowsy :(

They do Karmcat.
    Sometimes it is just so hard to get the balance:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed your day and the singing :)

Can understand why you get cheesed off with the CP, must be so frustrating :(

Thank you :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It sounds like you’ve had a lovely day apart from feeling groggy after your snooze.

Have you thought of sending letters or articles to a magazine - you have a way with words and they pay if they’re published...long shot I know but could be interesting...and entering as many free competitions as you can - someone has to win.

The craft idea sounds good if you’re that way inclined....I wouldn’t have an idea how to sell them on line though.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks Millan.
    I dont think I have a way with words but thank you for saying that :)

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I think your writing is great! I always thought I might write in to magazines but the last time I did it they rang me and asked me all sorts of squirmy questions so I said no.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Nice to read you had such a happy day yesterday.
    Singing with other people is so good for the soul :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    It was just so awesome .
    Especially as one of my most dear friends had written the song and was conducting.
    We dont live near each other so when we see eachother it is truely special.
    I am so very fortunate to have some amazing friends.
    When I am struggling I need to remember that.

• beanielou
    Options
    Taking of dear friends I visited another dear friend today.
    88 years young yesterday.

Then I popped in to the cemetry to 'see' another friend taken so suddenly & way way too young.
    Always remembered in my heart.

Seize the day.
    Ubique.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    earthgirl wrote: »
    I think your writing is great! I always thought I might write in to magazines but the last time I did it they rang me and asked me all sorts of squirmy questions so I said no.
    Oh my! What kind of questions, earthie?

Nice to read you had such a happy day yesterday.
    Singing with other people is so good for the soul :)
    It's very uplifting, isn't it :)

beanielou wrote: »
    Taking of dear friends I visited another dear friend today.
    88 years young yesterday.

Then I popped in to the cemetry to 'see' another friend taken so suddenly & way way too young.
    Always remembered in my heart.

Seize the day.
    Ubique.
    Ah, beanie ... seize the day, you're right about that. It's why I'm trying to move forward with my stuff as fast as I can.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beanie, thank you for sharing about your singing - you've inspired me to go try out a group that is setting up near here in a few weeks time :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family