NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    How is your day job working for TSB going ?

I wouldn't have the foggiest. I don't, never have, and never will work in a bank, unlike you.

I'm currently on holiday and when I return to work it will be to an entirely different kind of organisation.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    How is your day job working for TSB going ?

This is a thread about Natwest not TSB!!

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 3 June 2018 at 3:52AM
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Bizarrely, on the first page of the application...

"""
    Before you start
    Are you only resident for tax purposes in the UK? * Yes No
    Are you only a national/citizen of the UK? * Yes No
    Were you born in the UK? * Yes No
    """

if I click "yes" to everything, I can go on to the second page.

But if I click "no" to "were you born in the UK?", I get this:-

"""
    Please try again, between the hours of 06:30 and 22:00. Alternatively, you can apply in branch or by phoning us on 0845 3030 299 (Minicom 0845 900 5961) for current accounts or 0845 301 6090 (Minicom 0800 404 6161) for savings accounts. Calls may be recorded.
    """

So, Boris johnson or sir cliff richard would have got the same message if they were applying. :D
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just trying to do a switch to NatWest for incentive....and I get to the bottom of the first page where it asks if you want a joint account, and I say NO, nothing else happens or pops up.

However, if I click YES, then I get another screen saying continue....but I don't want a joint!

Is the select account only available as a Joint account, if so that seems a bit odd.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Just trying to do a switch to NatWest for incentive....and I get to the bottom of the first page where it asks if you want a joint account, and I say NO, nothing else happens or pops up.

However, if I click YES, then I get another screen saying continue....but I don't want a joint!

Is the select account only available as a Joint account, if so that seems a bit odd.

It appears to be an "Edge" issue, as it worked fine when I used Chrome. Now waiting for the "e-docs" email.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Is the card reader same as Ulster bank/Tesco/Nationwide?

59zr6.jpg:)
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Once you make the request you have to wait two or three days, then you can activate your existing bank's reader with NatWest.

I was told 24 hrs and confirmed this as finally able to make withdrawals some time after I was told my account was useable. ;)
    EachPenny wrote: »
    P.s. I didn't know Tesco's use card readers??

Don't think they do anymore, but must have at one point as I have one in my collection. :)
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Agree with eachpenny - switching a zero balance unused account with no dd or so or payments is pushing it a bit and you will find it hard to argue about getting a switch bonus - what exactly were you switching !

Really? I would think it is all automated these days, so does it matter?

Successfully switched my newly setup (as a result of misinformation) Barclays account into Natwest a short time ago. No DDs and zero balance. Had only just received my debit card.

Apart from being told account was ready to use, when I still needed a card reader and activation code, I was pleased with the speed and communication received.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Agree with Katie Hound don't get me started on opening a Barclays account and Experian I couldn't understand half the questions let alone answer them hence I'm off to the branch with ID today!

Isn't Experian the ones MSE uses for their credit club?

I was/am with one of the other free services, but gave up with them a couple of months ago as my login page just wouldn't complete and the company didn't seem interested in sorting it out. Pity because I think their interface gave a better overview and more details than the MSE one.
  • chattyuk
    chattyuk Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it too late to do the switch for £100?

The website is still advertising the offer but it says you need to switch by Friday 15th. That's not enough time to perform the switch!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure