Lyk prepaid card (Thomas Cook)

Has anyone got recent experience the lyk prepaid MasterCard issued via the bankrupt Thomas Cook. I have been unable to get access to their website for several weeks. I previously read that money on it was safe and would be no issues with continuing to use.
Any comments welcome please as have euros on it which I was intending to use in a few weeks time. Thanks

Comments

• If I were you I would be going to the nearest ATM and try to withdraw some cash (sterling) to see if it works.
    If not ........join the queue of creditors.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There's quite a comprehensive Q&A on their website: https://thomascook.cashpassport.com/thomas-cook-announcement/

Includes the following:
    Following the recent news regarding Thomas Cook going into administration, please be reassured that any funds you may have on a prepaid card product you have previously bought from them are not affected.

Firstly, and most importantly your funds are safe. The funds on your card are not held by Thomas Cook, but by Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (Wirecard) as the Issuer of your Prepaid card. The funds are held by Wirecard at a regulated credit institution which is completely separate to the Thomas Cook business. Any change in Thomas Cook’s business position or operating circumstances will not have an impact on you being able to access your funds as you do today and they will not be used by Thomas Cook or Wirecard Card Solutions Limited for any other purpose.

So it seems like your money is safe. If you're having trouble logging in then you could get in touch with them to check your account is active and card will work on your upcoming trip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure