Experian: How many points does electoral register increase?

I'm not looking for people's opinions on whether they think the Experian score has any significant meaning. I'm not asking for general advice on how to increase one's credit rating.

I'm asking specifically if anyone here knows how many points does the score on your Experian credit report increase by once Experian has information that you've registered to vote? And is this increase consistent whether you have a score of say 400 or 900 for example?

I'm trying to compile a list of how many points gets increased/decreased based on everything you do for each credit report agency.

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What is the point? As you say, the Experian score has no meaning other than to them and you as lenders don't see it
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 April 2015 at 10:14PM
    I'm not looking for people's opinions on whether they think the Experian score has any significant meaning. I'm not asking for general advice on how to increase one's credit rating.

I'm asking specifically if anyone here knows how many points does the score on your Experian credit report increase by once Experian has information that you've registered to vote? And is this increase consistent whether you have a score of say 400 or 900 for example?

I'm trying to compile a list of how many points gets increased/decreased based on everything you do for each credit report agency.

I say it bumps your score up by 20,000 and 5 leprechauns.

That's if your current score is 400, if 888 then it only gets increased by 10,000.

As you can tell it has no meaning, lenders don't see it hence its useless.
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    It increases it by rand(1,999) points.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • Ignore these comedians on here. Credit scoring is valid and important. I monitor mine regularly and I can confirm that you score will improve by approximately twelvty.

you will get a bigger credit score increase if you have moved from within the same electoral roll area because you will be classed as local people by the powers that be.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wont moving to a posher area have a bigger increase?

Also moving to a house with triple glazing instead of normal double glazing will have a huge impact for the better.

Or you can stop using their score and use my free one where you get rated in biscuits. Boring healthy biscuits mean your poor and have no chance of credit. Where tasty heart clogging biscuits and cakes are for the wealthier.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Wont moving to a posher area have a bigger increase?
    You may jest, but actually it could do, although probably not with Experian et al, if whoever is scoring you for credit purposes uses Acorn Classification in their assessment.

• I'm trying to compile a list of how many points gets increased/decreased based on everything you do for each credit report agency.

For my own information, could you kindly default on a credit card/loan to see how many points your score decreases by? purely for research purposes of course.

If you manage to get that spreadsheet completed, judging by the number of posters who still post regularly about their score being low, high score yet no credit card approval etc etc..., then I reckon you could make your fortune out of it. They would pay good money for that sort of valuable information!
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    You may jest, but actually it could do, although probably not with Experian et al, if whoever is scoring you for credit purposes uses Acorn Classification in their assessment.

I'd say that with banks, certain areas will have a better reputation of people paying back.

I live in a 'posh' area, and most the people I know that live here are probably up to their eyes in £3k+ mortgage payments, so it wouldn't necessarily improve someones chances of approval when the full situation is taken into account.
    💙💛 💔
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Really don't get the original question. It's like asking "How many people in cloud cuckoo land could be fed if they opened a new restaurant that let people eat there for free?"
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    I cannot see there is anyway anyone could answer this question.

Even people who pay to check their score each month - how could they ever quantify how much of an increase/decrease in their score related to the electoral roll position and how much related to other things on their file (e.g their existing accounts now having been open longer etc).
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family