Help- How do I cancel my Equifax account?

I have managed to get a free credit report from equifax, but now I need to know how to cancel my account so I dont end up paying anything. I cant find anything on their site on how to cancel. Please help.

Comments

• You have to phone them, and you will be given the hard sell to stay.
    £2 coin savers club = £288
  • blacksta
    blacksta Posts: 919 Forumite
    You can also cancel by sending an email from your equifax account
    I owe £3233 @ 0%
  • The web site is HORRIFIC, i cant even find a telephone number, never mind an email.

I dont feel this cashback should be being promoted to people, i am pretty computer savy and i cant find it...wasted near an hour going in circles - my time is worth more than 7 quid an hour...and goodness knows how long i will be on the phone for whenever i acquire the number.

How is someone who doesnt use PCs all day going to cope when they try and unsubscribe, they will be even more lost than me!

if anyone has a number or email to cancel pls forward

thanks
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    danisam wrote: »
    i am pretty computer savy and i cant find it...
    Cough, cough, erm what happened to the err "Contact Us" button?

http://www.equifax.co.uk/Contact-us/Contact_Us_Personal_Solutions.html
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • Starlett
    Starlett Posts: 109 Forumite
    They are a nightmare... I'm finding it impossible to get through!! A message comes on saying all the agents are busy get lost... ok, well not get lost it just says call back at some other time, but they might aswell say get lost!!! I have tried cancelling by e-mail and I get a response telling me to phone them!! So annoying!!!!!
    LBM April Fools day 2008 - £20,345 debt!!! _pale_
    Current Debt NOTHING!! - DFD - June 2009 - [STRIKE]I'm emigrating!! [/STRIKE] :j I've emigrated!! :j
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 949!
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Starlett wrote: »
    I'm finding it impossible to get through!! A message comes on saying all the agents are busy get lost.
    Do you think that’s just a coincidence? ;)

They don’t want you to cancel ,and will do whatever they can to prevent you :mad:
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    thanks to Bristolleedsfan who posted this on another thread: (number for Equifax) It was posted last week so should be current...

Here is a freephone number to avoid a peak time 0870 number call. :mad:

:T 0800 7839421 :T

U need the report reference number to hand, they ask you why u want to cancel, I said that whilst I found the free trial useful, I didnt believe their was any further benefit to be had. ;)
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    danisam wrote: »
    The web site is HORRIFIC, i cant even find a telephone number, never mind an email.

I dont feel this cashback should be being promoted to people, i am pretty computer savy and i cant find it...wasted near an hour going in circles - my time is worth more than 7 quid an hour...and goodness knows how long i will be on the phone for whenever i acquire the number.

How is someone who doesnt use PCs all day going to cope when they try and unsubscribe, they will be even more lost than me!

if anyone has a number or email to cancel pls forward

thanks

I think the site is rubbish too. Experian were easier to cancel, just one quick email and they sorted it out! Not sure I like this having to ring them lark... I probably wouldn't have signed up for a trial if I had known it wasn't easy to cancel.
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    laura2481 wrote: »
    thanks to Bristolleedsfan who posted this on another thread: (number for Equifax) It was posted last week so should be current...

Here is a freephone number to avoid a peak time 0870 number call. :mad:

:T 0800 7839421 :T

U need the report reference number to hand, they ask you why u want to cancel, I said that whilst I found the free trial useful, I didnt believe their was any further benefit to be had. ;)

Thanks for that:beer: and bristolleedsfan:beer:
    I signed up for the cashback:cool: aswell as the report
    the report was useless more detail on expreian, but still not it all

Looks like a statutrary one to call credit is also needed:o
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I wrote via snail mail and recieved a letter 4 days later acknowledging my request to coancel and sayiing that this had been actioned.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport