Ealing Council

Options
OrdinaryConsumer1
OrdinaryConsumer1 Posts: 10 Forumite
edited 18 February 2019 at 4:17PM in Site feedback
After making a Resolver complaint to Ealing Council this morning regarding a misaddressed a Environmental Fixed Penalty Notice fine demand I received from them yesterday, I got an E-mail back to my Resolver account saying that the E-mail account to which the Resolver complaint had been addressed has been closed and the complaint had not been actioned.

I suspect that this may be the in-house Customer Services account E-mail. When I tried independently to contact that E-mail this morning I got the same response. Customer Service telephone also closed down

Similarly, got no receipt confirmation/response last night when E-mailing the Chief Executive of Ealing at his CEO E-mail list address - '{Edited by Forum Team}'.

Only got a response when I E-mailed 'ChiefExecutive@ealing.gov.uk', only then did his PA confirm onward transmission to CEO of yesterday's E-mail - my E-mail was referred on to the contractor providing the Environmental Regulation service - Am I getting already getting a sense of the "Way they roll there" ?

So your records and that of CEO list need updating

Anyway, the subject of this complaint is going to the Police, as it could be a scam. It appears they were trying to fine someone in my road in HARROW for committing a fly-tipping offence in Perivale, Ealing and they were using FPN, which of course means, Debt collectors being sent on a nugatory journey if FPN not paid within 14 days and if you're not a resident of Ealing and don't have an on-line account with them, its the devil's own job getting hold of anybody. From past knowledge, I know that Ealing's services are highly contractorised and, as I've seen yesterday and this morning, there's no in-house centralised Council POC, other than the CEO, and the first POC for joe plebe is the contractor's answerphone - so much for customer service.

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The police won't do anything - at best they'll direct "the subject" to Action Fraud.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it is misaddressed, why not simply send it back to them with a curt "not known at this address" note?

They (or their contractors) cannot involve debt collectors in any meaningful way until an FPN has been to court and won anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure