Need help with party food!

Hi everyone, i'm planning a little get together for my son's birthday. There will be about 8 or so 2-3 year olds, plus their parents and my son's grandparents. So about 20 adults potentially. Several of the families also have small babies so needs to be finger food really so they're not struggling with plates and forks as well as babies. Also needs to be things that are ok eaten cold.!

I'm planning to do sandwiches, pizza, crisps, sausage rolls, tomatoes, cucumber, fruit and some biscuits/little cakes for the children but am keen not to have to make hundreds of sandwiches for the adults too.!

I was thinking of doing a kind of grazing table for them with cheese, crackers, nuts, dried fruits, cold meats, breads, olives and other antipasti type sides like roasted peppers, sundried tomatoes, pickles, crudites and dips, etc. Does that sound a bit over the top for a 3 year old's birthday though? Would you want to eat that?!

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,579
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Having helped my sister put on many birthday parties for her kids (plus parents), we used to do mini pizzas - easy for small fingers.
    Cocktail sausages & chicken dippers always went down well.
    Not sure about age 2-3 though - it's a long time ago.

I'd love cold meats, breads, olives and other antipasti type sides like roasted peppers, sundried tomatoes, pickles, crudites and dips, etc. but I'm not sure that the parents who used to come to the parties would - they always ate sandwiches.

You could do quiche.

We used to buy chocolate fingers, kids always loved those albeit a bit messy.

No jelly?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport