Not being born a son.

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Do you not feel pleased that your dad is able to do these things and go to games.
    When I see people (possibly older than your dad) at games I feel really happy that they are able to still go. And I would like to go when I am old.

My parents must be much younger than yours and get tired quite easily. If my dad went to the rugby in Rome with my brother I would be so pleased that he was enjoying himself and doing things that make him happy.

I know it’s not the point of your post but in your position I would be glad your dad is happy. I would go to a game if I wanted to. It’s not that your not born a son, it’s that for whatever reason they think you don’t want to go. So you are the only one that can do something about that. But if you go remember to wear enough clothes and eat enough.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Did you ever get any closure on this, OP?

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • ~_Daisy_~
    Options
    Did you ever get any closure on this, OP?

HBS x

Not exactly closure, but after reading and thinking about Pinkledonionspaceraider post it made me think alot.

A conversation has been had in a roundabout way, one I was happy with and one I believe didnt cause any distress to anyone.

Sometimes just voicing thoughts and feelings out loud can help, I just might not do it on a public forum again!

I've been reading this forum for a long time but had forgotten that some posters can be brutal..... I guess if I wanted fluffy stuff I should have gone elsewhere!

BTW fluffy stuff wasnt needed nor necessary but I can understand why some posters dont post on here after the first time.
  • mattpaint
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Why have you decided to post on a public forum instead of simply talking to your Dad?
    Decades?
    Really? :huh:

She's asking for advice - that doesn't need you to be so mean to her. How rude!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    mattpaint wrote: »
    She's asking for advice - that doesn't need you to be so mean to her. How rude!

It was a genuine question.
    I really couldn't understand why she hadn't broached the subject before now and why she hadn't simply spoken to her Dad about it.
    Hence the 'confused' smiley.
    My post wasn't intended to be 'mean'.
    Or 'rude'.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Not my intention to be rude or mean but sometimes people post things which have a VERY obvious solution.
    I am also suprised that somebody could sit on this situation for years and years without saying anything.
    We don’t invite my sister to the football because we think she doesn’t want to go. Door is open and It’s always an open invite to all of us. I’m also confused why if you wanted to go it was never said. Life is short. Too short to be sitting on these things for years.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • mattpaint
    Options
    It was a genuine question.
    I really couldn't understand why she hadn't broached the subject before now and why she hadn't simply spoken to her Dad about it.
    Hence the 'confused' smiley.
    My post wasn't intended to be 'mean'.
    Or 'rude'.

I suggest you take your own advice.
    Thanks for the advice. smiley-rolleyes010.gif

All these years of posting and I didn't realise there was a list of subjects deemed worthy of starting a thread about.

My bad.
  • pickledonionspaceraider
    pickledonionspaceraider Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 February 2019 at 12:46PM
    Options

Matt....... Pollycat only pointed out what a lot of people were thinking...that the poster has been dwelling on this for decades.

Sitting on issues for decades is dysfunctional to say the least and it is actually hard to believe, to me

and there is a difference between being honest, and being rude....this is how something so something as simple as an emoji doesn't become something to get upset about.
    With love, POSR <3
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options

OMG! :eek:
    You've actually gone back to a post I made in October 2014!.

As 2 other people have pointed out, my post was understandable.

This is not the first time you've (erroneously) accused me of being rude.
    I suggest you stop.
  • welshbabe88
    Options
    I'm sure some people sit on things all their lives and never mention anything.

What can seem straight cut to an outsider is not the same to people inside the family - people fall into their roles and find it hard to change. And often situations creep up on us and its only looking back that we realise we should have said or done something years ago.

I hope this hasn't put you off posting Daisy - its good to get other people's opinions - especially if its done in a kind and generous and non-judgemental way. Take the best ones and ignore the rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure