Christmas IOU discussion

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi, we've designed a special new Christmas IOU certificate to help tell family you're waiting until the sales, so you can give a bigger and even better gift.

Please let us know your feedback. Does it print OK for you? Do you have any other tips on teaching kids about money at Christmas? If you use it, please tell us how it went!

Thanks
for your help

MSE Jenny

Comments

• I've just printed this one off with no problems. Glad it is a light colour so it doesn't use too much ink. Maybe a smaller version would be good though as it's A4. I am buying my daughter 2 tyres so it's really just to say I haven't forgotten! A brilliant idea I think as I was going to search the internet for something like this and then I found yours! Thankyou!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 December 2011 at 5:07AM
    I think I would rather just be one year ahead , buy next years pressies in the sales and put them away , but thats just my opinion as I always start my Christmas shopping for the next year a year ahead so have loads of pressies to give by the time Christmas gets here and all of them were bargains too! :-)

I honestly wouldn't have the heart to give my family an IOU for Christmas!! lol x

( Ok I have just read it and it is handy if you are getting them eg the LATEST games or techie item if they will def be a whole heap cheaper in the sales , but I don't buy techie gifts , mainly toiletries and traditional toys for the kids to play with and sometimes there are other ways to save money BEFORE Christmas eg discount codes or vouchers from eg Living Social! ;-))

I'm really sorry but I still can't personally get my head round giving my family an IOU for Christmas!! LOL Plus I want to see their FACES on Christmas day when they OPEN the actual present and start playing with it on the big day itself , even if a PARCEL with their main present was late for Christmas delivery and didn't arrive in time I would be GUTTED xx )
  • That's a great idea, and when you turn up for Christmas dinner, while everyone else is tucking into turkey and ham and mash , your plate will be empty with a note " I O U Christmas dinner , but I'm waiting for all the reduced rubbish that didn't sell at the cheap aisle in Tesco to give you yours"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure