tesco ten pound voucher for a fiver hushhush online

Comments

• Mrs_stinkface
    Mrs_stinkface Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Hi Gan,

Unfortunately our records have indicated many customers have created separate accounts and purchased more than one per customer, or two per household. Our Deal Terms strictly prohibits any customer buying more than one, or more than two per household. These customers will be refunded in full.

Some customers have also unsubscribed as a Mighty Deals customer. As per our deal terms this offer is strictly for loyal customers and new customers. We have refunded your card in full. Please allow 5 to 7 days for your refund to clear.'

All other customers who purchased the Tesco £10 for £5 Digital Gift Card will receive their redemption link as instructed on May 15th. There is no further obligation to purchase any deals to receive your Tesco £10 Digital Gift Card.

Mighty Deals has sold over 100,000 High Street Deals from many of the UK’s leading retailers such as Tesco, Debenhams, Currys PC World and Argos. We offer these deals to reward loyal customers and to attract new customers. Unfortunately a minority of customers have attempted to purchase multiples by creating multiple accounts. This makes it very difficult to offer these type of deals. For future High Street Deals please ensure you are a registered Mighty Deals customer and follow the deal terms provided.

If you have any issues, please email the below ddress so we can do our best to assist you.

customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk

Thank you.

There may well be people who took advantage of the deal and purchased more than one. I am however not one of these, Nor have I unsubscribed.
    I am incredibly disappointed to receive an email stating that I have done one or the other. All I wanted was to partake in an offer which I though was a great deal and instead Im left feeling ripped off and as if you've taken the pee out of me.
    Not only would I like my voucher reinstated but an apology wouldn't go amiss.
    Life is not about learning to avoid the storms - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • dummydaydream
    dummydaydream Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got the same email today and I didn't unsubscribe or do multiple purchases. What a scam. Hope MSE puts a warning about this site in future. They should know better than to try it on with savvy MSEers. We don't forget.
  • Gan
    Gan Posts: 328 Forumite
    Dear Customer,

Our records indicate you have not opened an email since registering with Mighty Deals. Due to this inactivity you have automatically been unsubscribed from all Mighty Deals emails.

Due to blockages from email providers such as Hotmail and yahoo, we cannot email inactive customers. As a result of this we are refunding you in full for the Tesco £10 for £5 Digital Gift Card.
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Gan wrote: »
    Dear Customer,

Our records indicate you have not opened an email since registering with Mighty Deals. Due to this inactivity you have automatically been unsubscribed from all Mighty Deals emails.

Due to blockages from email providers such as Hotmail and yahoo, we cannot email inactive customers. As a result of this we are refunding you in full for the Tesco £10 for £5 Digital Gift Card.

Geez, how many bogus excuses can they come up with?

Spectacular own goal, Mighty Deals, well done :T
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    For info, lots of other comments on same issues on thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5225221
    butterfly )i(
  • Shiggaddi
    Shiggaddi Posts: 938 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    I also got the e-mail stating that I unsubscribed being given as a reason. I have never unsubscribed, and am disappointed in Mighty Deals as they seem to have let down lots of people. I know the rep is on site, and hopefully watching this. If this deal was genuine, we'd see people on here saying that they received their code, but as of yet, I have not noticed anyone singing their praises and stating they received their voucher with no problems.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 May 2015 at 12:17AM
    I am not waiting for the refund - 7 days on top of the three weeks they have had my money. Why so long?I have requested a refund from paypal for non delivery.Hope it gives Mightydeals some grief.

Very strange business model to p off thousands of customers like this!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    just noticed that the bottom of the cancellation email a fiver to use at mighty deals so all may not be lost!! recheck your emails folks!!
  • Gareth1989
    Gareth1989 Posts: 20 Forumite
    surfsister wrote: »
    just noticed that the bottom of the cancellation email a fiver to use at mighty deals so all may not be lost!! recheck your emails folks!!

I noticed that too but I am not using it out of prinicipal. This company will never get any of my business again after this stunt.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    surfsister wrote: »

Are you serious?

Just what would you buy with this fiver, another gift card that they will cancel in 3 weeks?!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure