Savers Rights: Name & Shame Accounts which hide interest rates

Options

Comments

• D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    Halifax - praise interest rates against each account (best of all!!)
    A & L - praise - enter first 3 digits of account to dispay rates
    Natwest - praise easy as long as you know your account name
    ING - impossible to find the bonus rate applying (worst of all)
    LTSB - buried in the "non marketed accounts"

Its is now also essential to know the exact name and issue no of you account - (EG LTSB - Online Saver replaced by Internet Saver replaced by E-saver as each became "non-marketed"
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Natwest - SHAME - like somebody said, you need to remember when you opened the account to see if you had bonus, and what type of bonus... why can't it be accessible from your own online banking???

Yorkshire building society - PRAISE - inside the online banking pages, clear indication of the rate :)
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EGG again - SHAME

and

ICICI - SHAME (But at least they do send emails when rates change - if you can keep up with them)

Petition signed.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bradford and Bingley: SHAME in capital letters with brass knobs on and lots of other bright and jangly dangly bits attached. :mad: :mad: :mad: Not only can you not see the rate when logging in but when you identify your account and look it up it doesn't even tell you when the current interest rate applies from. They seem to have scanned the weak banking code in minute detail to disclose absolutely nothing they don't have to.

And don't get me onto their continually superceding accounts by newer accounts with higher interest rates and cutting the rate on the old account. I have had to move from internet saver 1 to internet saver 2 to internet saver 3 to e saver 6 and to e saver 7. What a disgrace.

First Direct, Tesco, Nat West: Shame :mad: , can’t see the rate for your account when logging in. At least Tesco is a single rate for all (1.5% bonus aside)

Birmingham Midshires: Praise :T As mentioned earlier rate shows clearly when you log in
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good
    Yorkshire Building Society - display current interest rate for account as soon as it changes, also a link for interest rate history and to interest paid, gross and net, in past tax years. But emails to notify changes 2-3 weks after event.
    Saga - displays current interest rate - no emails though.

Bad
    Bradford & Bingley & very late with emails
    Northern Rock - no display (but always send email a few days before change happens-good)
    Abbey - no emails or display
    Coventry BS - no interest display (don't know about emails-have fixed rate accounts)
    ING - get letter about 2 weeks later, or phone then to ask mine

(Edit: BTW Petition signed)
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    Big praisse for Anglo irish, who as well as stamping in the account activity every time the rate changes, also displays accrued gross and net interest to date
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bradford and Bingley make it nice and easy:
    http://www.bradford-bingley.co.uk/savings/previous-savings-rates.asp
    :confused::rotfl:
    poppy10
  • 2BlUeCaR4U
    2BlUeCaR4U Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have difficulty finding the interest rates at the following, in no particular order :-
    Alliance & Leicester
    Bradford & Bingley
    Birmingham Midshires
    Egg ( the worst )
    Tesco
    Cahoot
    Coventry Building Society
  • eeja
    eeja Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    withnell wrote: »
    Big praisse for Anglo irish, who as well as stamping in the account activity every time the rate changes, also displays accrued gross and net interest to date

Agreed...this is one excellent feature with this otherwise much maligned and crticised Irish bank.
    Credit should be given where credit is due ...
  • ISAmad
    ISAmad Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great issue to campaign on Martin! :T:money::T

TESCO - Sure, they tell you the main rate easily enough. But how much is my bonus rate? Exactly when will the 12-month bonus rate period expire? CONFUUUUUSED!:confused:

Scottish Widows - Very slow to inform of rate changes. Done by post usually 6 or 7 weeks later. An email should go out on the day of the rate change (or before even).

Birmingham Midshires - Seem open enough.:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport