Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 5th Feb 17, 10:27 AM
    • 3,601Posts
    • 19,249Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Get a grip !
    • 5th Feb 17, 10:27 AM
    Get a grip ! 5th Feb 17 at 10:27 AM
    .....25/11/2018 ......
    I have decided to update as its been ages since I started this thread and so much has changed including my priorities.....

We gained a puppy after starting this thread and although she is a handful she has given me something to focus on and to get up for each day.

DS split from one long-term gf and is now several months into a new relationship and started a new job and seems very happy.

Sadly DM passed away suddenly this year and I miss her every day. Then DF was seriously ill in hospital with sepsis and almost died but thankfully he found the strength to pull through and is making a full recovery physically. We are supporting one another emotionally as a family.

I started this thread with the focus on saving some money. That hasn't happened and I have ended up with some debt on a 0% credit card but it is being paid off as planned and I am still managing to pay all bills and still have some money to spend with friends. I am planning to start saving for an emergency fund in the new year 2019.
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 25-11-2018 at 6:52 AM.
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360 848
    Balance 0% Car Loan to pay 940 finishes 1/1/2020
    Emergency fund 100/500 Car Fund savings 300
Page 69
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 10th Jul 19, 9:04 PM
    • 3,601 Posts
    • 19,249 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Grocery shopping week 2 today in aldi today came to 31.67 including 9 pack toilet rolls and 2 packs ice cream. I am hoping the food will stretch to next Friday (week 3) apart from more salad and fruit.

Breakfast - banana and yoghurt or scrambled egg/omelette

Lunch - ham/tuna/cheese roll & crisps

Dinners -
    Chinese chicken & egg fried rice
    Chicken, stir fry veg & 27p curry noodles (tonight's dinner)
    pulled pork & salad wrap,
    fajitas
    chicken & halloumi tray bake (roasted veg, new potatoes)
    Steak & chips & salad, tinned sweetcorn
    1/2 medallion steak & leftover halloumi with stir fry veg/salad in a wrap
    1/2 sliced medallion steak & stir fry veg & egg fried rice
    Chicken tikka masala ready meal

Desserts - ice cream, tinned pineapple, yoghurt, tinned peaches

Decluttering is still continuing -
    week 27 week ending 7 July - old drinking glasses to tip, large unused eczema cream expired april 2018 in bin. I did a trip to the (tip) recycling centre and got rid of a car load of cardboard, unwanted/broken kitchen stuff previously sorted and DS's old quilt and pillows.
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 10-07-2019 at 9:08 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 12th Jul 19, 3:33 PM
    • 3,601 Posts
    • 19,249 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Am glad it's Friday

Too hot to walk puppy dog she's been in her paddling pool and chasing her ball round the house. I will walk her later when it's cooler.

2 packs Pepsi max 4 & birthday card for nieces son (great nephew but makes me feel old being a great Aunty ) 59p in newsagents. I had a stamp in my purse from my stash bought with birthday savings.

DS & his gf are both at work for the evening so it's me and the dog tonight. Am relaxing with my feet up waiting for the sun to go down
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Jul 19, 5:20 PM
    • 14,009 Posts
    • 47,499 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Puppy is lucky to have a pool that sounds lovely. It is gorgeous here.
    Christmas Fund 168
    Reminder: summer is about making money
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 13th Jul 19, 9:31 AM
    • 3,601 Posts
    • 19,249 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Yesterday I saved 2.99 by taking back faulty dishwasher tablets which were all crumbly. I also avoided a takeaway 8.50 delivered and instead had hot & spicy chicken wings 1.79 from aldi.

I walked puppy dog last night at 7.30pm when it had cooled down. This morning was sunny with a nice cool breeze when we walked on the common at 8.30am. It's covered in wild flowers and lots of wildlife. Today I saw a bright blue dragonfly and a sparrow hawk hovering.

Plans for the weekend

Meet up with friend
    Cut grass
    Hoover dog carpet & kitchen tiled floor
    More decluttering

I've already scrubbed the patio with zoflora bought in b&m cheap at 3.49 for 500ml.

All food must be from stores - NO takeaways
    Today breakfast toasted muffin & scrambled egg.
    Lunch - tuna salad
    Dinner - peri peri chicken, roasted veg & halloumi wrap
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 13-07-2019 at 9:35 AM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Jul 19, 4:57 PM
    • 14,009 Posts
    • 47,499 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Well done on no takeaways they are so tempting. I hope you had a great walk and a nice meet up with your friend.
    Christmas Fund 168
    • pinknsparkly
    • By pinknsparkly 13th Jul 19, 9:13 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    pinknsparkly
    ... nieces son (great nephew but makes me feel old being a great Aunty ) ...
    Originally posted by Skint yet Again
    I still have vivid memories of being about 7 (I was that know-it-all kid!) and telling my auntie that if she was my dad's auntie, then that actually made her my great-auntie. She was NOT amused Especially as she was actually more active and involved with us (getting down to play on the ground, running round the park with us, playing football) than my not-great-auntie was!

Very impressive on resisting the takeaways! This was my first full week back at work after my operation (I was back last Thursday) and by Wednesday evening I was wiped out so we ended up having take away as I could barely make it off the sofa, let alone do any cooking!
    MFW 2019 challenge #99: 6,778.51 / 6,000 (4,500 is in "offset" pot)
    MFiT-T5 (Jan 2019 - Jan 2022) challenge #99: 6,778.51 / 30,000
    Save 12k in 2019 challenge #99: 18,030 / 12,000
    2019 keep moving challenge: 271.3 / 1000 miles
    Last updated: 28/06/2019
    Initial MF date (18th Dec 2018): Jan 2054 Current MF date: Sep 2052
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 14th Jul 19, 7:29 PM
    • 3,601 Posts
    • 19,249 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hope you are feeling better Pink !

I had a bad day yesterday, after walking the dog in the morning I came down with ear imbalance so I was feeling drunk all day I spent the rest of the day laid on the sofa, so not much achieved. DS walked the dog in the evening.

Today I feel much better. I walked the dog this morning and felt ok so I went to meet my friend for lunch. I had Panini and chips & drink for 4.59 at wertherspoons. Then we went for a walk and later had a drink and ice cream 5. Managed to stay under my target of 10

Decluttering week 28 week ending 14 July - 15 books into car to drop off at the BHF book bank tomorrow.

Just to add - have switched my gas and electric tonight. I am with EONv21 and they are on the Cheap Energy club for a lower tariff V22 which is cheaper than V21. I wasn't due to switch, but I have switched via their own website with no exit fees. There is no cashback via cheap energy club, so I switched direct. The fix is for 12 months so at least my gas & electric will be fixed over the winter on a cheaper tariff. If the same company offer another cheaper tariff before the winter I will switch again with them, there is no exit fees if you stay with them but change to another of their tariffs within the 12 months fix.
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; Yesterday at 9:05 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Jul 19, 4:52 PM
    • 14,009 Posts
    • 47,499 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I am so sorry about the ear infection. I hope it goes v soon. Well done on swapping your gas supplier. Really well done on decluttering. All is well here.
    Christmas Fund 168
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

76Posts Today

3,075Users online

Martin's Twitter