DWP and fitness

124»

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,757 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 June 2019 at 11:40AM
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    It must be so stressful - not even knowing whether you are going to be cross-examined ?
    My understanding is that it is rare for DWP to represent in addition to their paper submission to ESA and PIP appeal tribunals. From reading in those small numbers cases where people have come to places like this to describe such... I have a couple of general thoughts. One is that the DWP rep tends not to be adversarial to a great degree and largely because there is little they themselves can add either through knowledge or in addition to paper evidence they rely on. Two, in some cases the DWP rep has been somewhat supportive of the claimant through concessions regarding evidence.

My general view would be that DWP representing themselves in person may not be a particularly bad thing... offering possibly a board against which to fire say a poorly crafted face to face medical report and forcing a human admission of failings... or acceptance by the other side of the balance of evidence of disabilities in the face of those independently trying to judge such.

There are posters around here who due to their work may have significant experience or testimony coming to them regarding DWP representation at tribunals. It'd be interesting if they have a variant view (to my anecdotal amateur one) on this issue.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 June 2019 at 11:42AM
    I was thinking on this overnight.

Edit: in response to posts 24 to 27 (it took so long for me to type - one handed/wrong handed)

a terminal cancer is a dream ticket (although there is a sort of downside). I think, and this is pure speculation, if I was diagnosed with MS, MND, early onset altzheimers, losing the functions I've lost now but through trauma, etc etc, I'd be in a much much much worse place, to the extent that I actually kind of feel lucky.

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    At my PIP assessment we talked about climbing (mostly indoor climbing wall) and looking after my dogs, loving the outdoors etc. I was appropriately awarded enhanced rate for both parts.
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There's no doubting your literacy but Murphy's Law strikes again!

prrof reader

Good luck with getting what you need, and no, with the best will in the world, no one is going to employ you.

At the next election I will be voting tactically to try and get a more sympathetic government into power, even if it means more taxes for me.
  • FunnyUseName
    FunnyUseName Posts: 348 Forumite
    There's no doubting your literacy but Murphy's Law strikes again!

Good luck with getting what you need, and no, with the best will in the world, no one is going to employ you.

At the next election I will be voting tactically to try and get a more sympathetic government into power, even if it means more taxes for me.
    I know I get words wrong all the time - but I can't figure out why or how to correct them. Just looking at word too long makes it stop making sense.

Why would I ever want to go back? Even without the FND, I'm in pain everyday. Not many people appreciate that CKD causes all sorts of joint pains. headaches and tremors. It's not the amount of pain - some days it's mild - it's the duration - in my cases years. If ending my life was simply a case of stopping breathing, I would have done it years ago.
    Be Thankful and Gracious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport