The Great Free Online Courses Hunt (merged)

1161718192022»

Comments

• redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The Open University has just started offering hundreds of new free courses.

Why study a free course on OpenLearn?
    Our courses have been proven to increase confidence and develop the skills needed to enter Higher Education and succeed with learning.

You can choose an OpenLearn course from a wide range of subjects. Some are based on Open University course materials. Others are written specifically for OpenLearn.

Check out the full details here:

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue
  • epm-84
    epm-84 Posts: 2,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Inspired by the Duke of Edinburgh award the Duke of York's Inspiring Digital Enterprise award is designed to inspire anyone to pick up new skills and have fun while they learn. It's free to take part - currently only the Bronze version has been launched with the Silver version to follow in 2018.

• I checked out the link you put up and this course is not free - it is £49.99. I have no problem paying for it, and that is not expensive, but it certainly isn't free. Very misleading.

evvkas wrote: »
    Website seems pretty legit, haven't actually tried it out myself, but I signed up and received an email saying I can start week 1 and planning to start next week

This course is from Quentin Pain, the founder of Accountz.com

All you need to do is sign up by giving your name and email address, you should then receive an email to confirm your subscription.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Tonijr wrote: »
    I checked out the link you put up and this course is not free - it is £49.99. I have no problem paying for it, and that is not expensive, but it certainly isn't free. Very misleading.

Website seems pretty legit, haven't actually tried it out myself, but I signed up and received an email saying I can start week 1 and planning to start next week

All you need to do is sign up by giving your name and email address, you should then receive an email to confirm your subscription.

Maybe it was free back in 2013 when the op posted and others took up the offer?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Tonijr wrote: »
    I checked out the link you put up and this course is not free - it is £49.99. I have no problem paying for it, and that is not expensive, but it certainly isn't free. Very misleading.

This post is from 2012 so is now 6 years old. It was free back then but unfortunately isn't now.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pompom11
    pompom11 Posts: 6 Forumite
    This site has a sign up for 2 free courses, one's an organisation on and the other is about making extra money.

They are both aimed at teachers but there are some bits in the extra money one that might be useful to others.

ateachersjournal . weebly . com / courses-and-resources
  • Hello guys n galls!

I've noticed that BitDegree is offering a lot of Udemy-like free online courses and I think it's amazing opportunity for everyone who wants to develop their skills.

I personally have spent quite a lot of money on various online courses and there were times when the co
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There are some interesting courses available for free:

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue#
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    As there are lots of expired links and duplications, a new thread has been made here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5960710

Thanks to all the original posters, if I have missed any on the new thread, please let me know and I will amend.

:beer:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure