IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - County Court Claim Form

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, just popping in, but not stopping.

Thanks to Coupon and other regular posters for keeping the 'balls in the air' :beer:

Just a few comments:

1 Their new template letter doesn't say anything more than the previous one - it is just scaled down and less aggressive.

2 I agree that, where possible, the RK should identify the driver (if different) and reset the POPLA clock

PLUS

3 pressurise the landowner to get the charge cancelled.

4 Where a charge has been cancelled and no court proceedings have yet been issued, their Without Prejudice letter can be safely ignored - no court is going to consider court action started AFTER the charge has been cancelled (but get the landowner to confirm the cancellation in writing).

5 I also like Coupon-mad's letter requesting a POPLA code etc

6 Other than that, you can just keep the correspondence flowing and continue building a file of correspondence for the court showing your efforts to be reasonable (and in the meantime cause PE more time, inconvenience, and expense) I suggest sending a letter along these lines (using your own words, and inserting paragraphs!)

'contrary to your assertions, you most certainly have not complied with the Practice Direction. Please note I consider your repeated and persistent refusal to comply with the Practice Direction to amount to an abuse of court procedure and I will have no hesitation in bringing your conduct to the attention of the court. [Nevertheless, in an attempt to progress this matter I must insist that, as a bare minimum, you tell me the basis of your client's claim (breach of contract, money due under a contract, trespass, or some other claim) and, if a contract claim, identify with whom and how I am alleged to have entered into the contract. I am sure that you will agree that this is a reasonable request, since it is totally unacceptable to expect me to hazard a guess as to what your claim might be, or to prepare a variety of defences in the hope of by some chance identifying the type of claim that I am required to defend. Further, please note that, regardless of whether or not you provide the requested information,] I shall be seeking the assistance of the court in explaining your client's obligations under the Practice Direction and requesting that the court make an Order staying any future proceedings under Paragraph 4, pending your client's full compliance with the Practice Direction.

(either include the bit in square brackets, or leave it out, depending on whether you want to continue to play footsie with them)

7 I also suggest that if you have 14 days to reply, you wait until close to the end of the 14 days... only because to reply earlier will speed up the next instalment.

I expect to be back around mid-September, but I will check in when I can.

Daisy x
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Thanks Daisy very informative. Hope things are on the up for you.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Several people are here complaining they are being taken to court, I've gotta say a defence doesn't seem abundantly clear despite the advise to ignore them being promoted by members here
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    arcon5 wrote: »
    Several people are here complaining they are being taken to court, I've gotta say a defence doesn't seem abundantly clear despite the advise to ignore them being promoted by members here

That was old advice. Because PE have gone berserk and are now issuing hundreds of court claims, then the best advice is now to fight them. If you can get in early and submit a POPLA appeal, then there is a very good chance that you will win.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    That is because it is not posted up for Parking Eye to see, but seek it and you shall find it.
    Be happy...;)
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    arcon5 wrote: »

Can you point us to where people are currently saying ignore now? The same as paying is an option, I do advise on both options on proviso that they heed all the advice to go with doing that.

What is abundently clear though is that people need to make their own decisions, we are not here to twist people's arms, and we are not here to mislead people!!

Now please show us what you have said
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • I have also ignored all the letters and got a court letter. Particulars of claim states Notice under the protection of freedoms act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable. So does that mean that even though I was not the driver I still have to pay?
    Also if they have spelt the name wrong can you have it struck out?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have also ignored all the letters and got a court letter. Particulars of claim states Notice under the protection of freedoms act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable. So does that mean that even though I was not the driver I still have to pay?

I would be much better if you started your own thread. That way it can be dealt with on a personal basis. You have tagged onto a very old thread
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 April 2014 at 1:52AM
    I have also ignored all the letters and got a court letter. Particulars of claim states Notice under the protection of freedoms act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable. So does that mean that even though I was not the driver I still have to pay?

Of course the keeper is potentially liable - why did you ignore this when the advice changed over a year ago and PE sue people every week?! Doesn't mean it would be a good plan to just pay like some numpty though - in fact it would be daft to pay in full at this early court papers stage IMHO. Several options - reading required!

You appear to have missed the advice and templates which were under your nose right here on the parking forum all the time. Please start again at square one and don't pass 'go' until you've read the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!' thread at the top:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Hint - there's a whole post in the top thread with info & links about defending a PE small claim, plus it shows you all the recent cases won (but don't get complacent - PE still win cases too).

Please don't reply on this old thread, no idea why you read this and not the current forum. What a shame you didn't appeal & win like we've advised since 2013.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

Not a chance in a million - sorry, but irrelevant in the context of PPCs.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport