Things can only get better

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sounds like you had a lovely day.
    Enjoy the wine.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Oh SA, it must be exhausting trying to manage that pester list.. glad you had a good day with DS. Hope you get chance to have a peaceful Sunday x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Glad to hear DS's new home is nice and they have settled down.

Tell Mr SA that any money that would be spent towards the petrol mower will be going towards an artificial lawn! He won't need one then!

Have a lovely Sunday - good luck with the dummy tests. I had to take a mandatory exam a few years ago At 56 years old I was dreading it! But I kept on with the dummy online tests right up to the night before the exam and passed. I think they really, really helped me.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Glad DS house is lovely, even though it's rented it doesn't always mean it can't be long term.

Good luck with the Exam and job

Hope you have a lovely day and take some time to yourself

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wow, its non stop in the SA household I can see...well done on keeping on, and those dummy tests will help. A lot of this reasoning test lark is practice and remaining calm when you are doing them. Well done on the exercise too - you are putting me to shame :/

Have a good day and hope the change in clocks is not too terrible.
  • beanielou
    Have a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,244 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Happy Sunday :)

Not really feeling the loss of the hour thankfully. It's a beautiful sunny, quite warm day here and it's inspiring me to get lots done. I've done about 5 loads of washing, all pegged out and drying nicely. Even got round to de-scaling the Tassimo finally.

Still need to do finances, a dummy numeric test and the meal plan. Oh and wipe down the front door.

Have come up with a plan re groceries, I'm going to separate the food budget from the alcohol budget and buy Mr SA's beer wherever it's on offer once a month. Luckily at the moment it's on offer at Mr M so have ordered some for tomorrow. Nothing I say will make him cut down so will have to do it this way. Then the food budget will be easier to manage - in theory anyway. I could also take advantage of wine offers for me and stock up once a month.

Today will be a NSD and have emptied my purse into my holiday pot £65.16 in there now.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Good idea about beer but are you sure Mr SA will not see having a months supply within easy access as a challenge to drink it faster ?
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,244 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    No he won't drink it faster Debs, there's only so much he can drink without falling asleep, he just likes to see a stash of it. He's a bit of a hoarder and panics if he thinks stocks are running low. I'm the one you have to watch with a stash of wine as it's very tempting to open one on a non-drinking night if it's there, will have to get a grip on myself :)

Have done a dummy numeric test and passed. However, still need to practice as the way I calculated the answers bore no relation to the way they did in the examples. Still if the answers are correct who cares? Was disturbed twice by Mr SA looking for his Lypsyl and DD moaning about Easter eggs but all quiet apart from that.

Finances done:

Holiday £220/900
    Dining room fund £100
    Emergency fund £2000.00/10,000.00
    VSP £215.86
    MSP £65.16
    Food £120 to last 2 weeks
    Spend pot £100 to last 2 weeks

Credit card £94.55 - to pay off on payday - can't believe this has mounted up again but the amount is getting less, need to work on this.

Payday Thursday, should be able to add some money to savings after paying off the CC. My bonus hasn't hit this pay run, hopefully it will be in next month's pay.

Just got to wipe the front door, meal plan, take the dog out, have a bath and do my nails now. Oh and probably some more ironing. Not making soup this week - only got three lunches to cover as going out for lunch with work team on Thursday. Got the M&S dine in meal deal so Mr SA and DD are sharing the chicken tonight. I'm having salmon, potatoes and veg.

Looking forward to two four day weeks, then one full week, then a two day week as it's holiday time :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Good news on finances.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback