NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• soulsaver wrote: »

NB £1500 transfer (back out) got stopped by 'concerned team'. Check your texts if it happens.

Did you have to Phone Natwest ?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,603
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    B_G_B wrote: »
    Don’t need a code to set up online banking. See post 503. If you haven’t got account number, call them and they will give it to you.

Thanks very much, previous posts and the bumpf from Natwest seemed to be leading to the fact that I would need a code.

Anyhow, now set up, card reader requested and £1 transferred in, so just got to wait for the switch to start, then I'll pay the £1500 in and take it back out a couple of days later.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,070
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Update:"Regular payments transferred.." email yesterday.

Switch completed today - 7 working days from new customer account application to switch completed.

OH at 'Reg Payments Transferred' email today.. still a day behind me.

NB £1500 transfer (back out) got stopped by 'concerned team'. Check your texts if it happens.

Got held up by the fraud dept. However after a 1001 questions they allowed the transfer to go back to my external bank account.
  • Still no sign of my Tesco direct debits appearing on my Natwest account, despite switch complete this morning.
    Does anybody know if they won't appear until they first get paid out?

My main concern is that Tesco are not moving the DD elsewhere, as I requested the M&S switch, last night. And that does need 2 DDs.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Should have waited after the M&S switch.

Tescos I am doing nothing until after April, I reckon this will be another bank c** u^ lol 1
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    After receiving the signature form for the mysterious REWARD (PRIVATE) account, I thought I'd have a last-ditch attempt at applying again for the standard REWARD account.

I went through another online application which was entirely different to the previous application I made and by the time I had finished I had a sort code and account number with cards etc. promised in the post within four days.

Now, I know it's not all over till the phat lady sings but I can only say that I am, eventually, happily astonished. :j
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Forumite
    Still no sign of my Tesco direct debits appearing on my Natwest account, despite switch complete this morning.
    One of our switches completed yesterday, and the DDs still aren't on NatWest this evening.

Can't get access to the old account (unsurprisingly).

At the Tesco end the DDs still point to the old account, not NatWest. Seem to remember with past switches involving Tesco DDs that they end up duplicated at the Tesco end?...with both displaying the same bank name but behind the scenes the account numbers and sort codes are different.

Just a bit worried about DDs being pulled on 3/2/18 when they're next due from the old account, but don't want to delete them just yet...rather leave them and see if they change later.

I am aware NatWest didn't need them, so this is more of a research project now! Plus with such a short timescale from account opening to switch date I didn't want to mess things up by cancelling at Tesco after NatWest was accepted (and the switch had effectively begun).
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310
    Forumite
    edited 19 January 2018 at 7:55PM
    Still no sign of my Tesco direct debits appearing on my Natwest account, despite switch complete this morning.

My main concern is that Tesco are not moving the DD elsewhere, as I requested the M&S switch, last night. And that does need 2 DDs.
    NatWest does usually wait until the first call on a DD before it's entered into the DD list.

If you're talking about the DDs into a Tesco savings account, they won't be going anywhere till you close their savings account or Tesco cancels the DDs in April.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    One of the switch progress messages I got stated that DDs will only show after they have been paid for for the first time.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You are switching accounts with DD's !
    when none are required ?

Waste of time, should have had a spare account with
    NO DD's
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories