NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Been with Natwest since 1986 (National Westminster Bank back then)

Set up another free current account with Santander and immediately switched it over into my existing Natwest current account... I already meet the £1,500 pay-in threshold so should be the easiest £125 I'll ever earn :)

Not had a bad experience with Natwest really and their banking app is excellent.
    June 2018 diary:
    Debt: £13,169.83 (all on 0% CC til Sept 2018, repaying £500 a month)
    Mortgage: £191,000 (on Repayment, 5-yr fix @ 2.39%)

Savings: £12,300 in various accounts @ between 1-5%, milking until August when will pay off CC
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Just got an email purporting to be from Natwest about the fact they are going to add two Factor authentication to internet banking logon details

no idea if it is really from NatWest or if it is a phishing attempt anyway just a warning

if anybody has some definitive information would like to know don't click on anything in the email
  • 18cc wrote: »
    Just got an email purporting to be from Natwest about the fact they are going to add two Factor authentication to internet banking logon details

no idea if it is really from NatWest or if it is a phishing attempt anyway just a warning

if anybody has some definitive information would like to know don't click on anything in the email

Ring Natwest and ask. I would not click anything.
  • wallofbeans
    wallofbeans Posts: 1,386
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 February 2018 at 1:37PM
    This switch is hard work...

Applied on Sunday, it didn't work - i got to the last page and shown an error message, tried again and same thing happened.

Tried again on Monday (using a different browser - Safari and not Chrome) and it worked.

And then got an email asking me to confirm ID with 'digidocs' - I checked this was legitimate and then logged in and found three pending applications...

I uploaded scan of driving licence, exactly as requested, to the first of the three.

The next day I got an email saying it wasn't good enough and could I upload different ID. I logged back in with a scan of my passport.

Then I got an email saying that didn't work. So I called them.

They couldn't see any uploads their end. But they could also only see one application. I asked which one. They didn't know, said try the third. I uploaded my driving licence images again and they said they could see them. Great. Sorted.

But then today I get the email again, saying the ID wasn't good enough. But no sense of why... I've again, uploaded my passport as well. And am waiting to see what happens next.

I thought this would be easy... But I'm guessing I'll have to call them again and they won't have any idea what is going on. I'll then have to go do it in a branch. I wish I'd just done that in the first place. Not happy with NatWest at all.

Anyone else have these kind of issues? And can you offer any insight?

Thanks.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    This switch is hard work...

Applied on Sunday, it didn't work - i got to the last page and shown an error message, tried again and same thing happened.

Tried again on Monday (using a different browser - Safari and not Chrome) and it worked.

And then got an email asking me to confirm ID with 'digidocs' - I checked this was legitimate and then logged in and found three pending applications...

I uploaded scan of driving licence, exactly as requested, to the first of the three.

The next day I got an email saying it wasn't good enough and could I upload different ID. I logged back in with a scan of my passport.

Then I got an email saying that didn't work. So I called them.

They couldn't see any uploads their end. But they could also only see one application. I asked which one. They didn't know, said try the third. I uploaded my driving licence images again and they said they could see them. Great. Sorted.

But then today I get the email again, saying the ID wasn't good enough. But no sense of why... I've again, uploaded my passport as well. And am waiting to see what happens next.

I thought this would be easy... But I'm guessing I'll have to call them again and they won't have any idea what is going on. I'll then have to go do it in a branch. I wish I'd just done that in the first place. Not happy with NatWest at all.

Anyone else have these kind of issues? And can you offer any insight?

Thanks.

Your problem is that they won't accept scans. They don't tell anyone this unless you phone and complain. There is no logic to the refusal, but those are their arbitrary rules.

To be honest, nothing makes sense about NatWest and their systems and procedures.

You need to take a photograph of your ID with a camera.

It's worth noting that they have told me that they don't really want to see my ID, they just want to scan my signature from it. Don't even get me started on how ridiculous this is, especially when they insist on you sending a picture of the back of your licence too! Why !!!!!!? They've also told me that they will just scan my signature from the form they posted to me for return.

NatWest are a shambles. When (if) it arrives, take your £125 and apply for the next switch.
  • wallofbeans
    wallofbeans Posts: 1,386
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Your problem is that they won't accept scans. They don't tell anyone this unless you phone and complain. There is no logic to the refusal, but those are their arbitrary rules.

To be honest, nothing makes sense about NatWest and their systems and procedures.

You need to take a photograph of your ID with a camera.

It's worth noting that they have told me that they don't really want to see my ID, they just want to scan my signature from it. Don't even get me started on how ridiculous this is, especially when they insist on you sending a picture of the back of your licence too! Why !!!!!!? They've also told me that they will just scan my signature from the form they posted to me for return.

NatWest are a shambles. When (if) it arrives, take your £125 and apply for the next switch.

Ah. So it's the fact that it's a scan that is the issue? Why don't they just say this? I thought I was being more helpful by scanning it. And the example image they give is clearly not a photo. A scan is much better than a photo though so I'm baffled by this...
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    If it's a .jpg file how on earth could they tell if it's been taken by a scanner or a camera?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,105
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    roxy28 wrote: »
    I have applied now and have been accepted, i am moving any money out of my switching account in readiness, but my account will not let me move out the last £1.04 of my balance?
    Will this have any effect on the switch as natwest will not be moving any money across (my choice).

I do not have any charges owing on my switching account, very strange.
    roxy28 wrote: »

Yes thats the same as me but with choosing to move or settle the balance myself it may be classed as a partial switch according to a post just above by kim_13.

No dd or so and only had the application accepted this afternoon, and only £1+ left in the account.

Am I reading this properly?

You've tried to empty your 'switch' account completely

Your 'switch' account has no DDs or SOs set up on it

!!!!!! roxy28, what exactly were you expecting NatWest to switch?:cool:
  • tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well managed to switch my Flex account from Nationwide and received the card details very quickly. As I already have a new joint account with them this might have helped. Went online with the other account details and this is there waiting. Havent got a pin but it might allow me to transfer money out with same details, who know. Anyway all up and running now and had a switch letter so £125 her I come.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,188
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Definitely won't be using this bank for anything much at all after this.

The card reader finally arrived today. However, getting it enabled is another thing entirely. This is not working because:

1. I cannot get logged in on Chrome. I just get a page saying "site cannot be reached".
    2. So I switch to Safari, and this time I get a log in screen. I log in and enter the required digits from the passcode and password. All fine and dandy. However, then it tells me something about Williams and Glynn not going ahead so I have to log in AGAIN on another screen. It might have told me that before I logged in.
    3. Finally get logged in, go to the "enable card reader" page and do the necessary. The last step is to enter the code produced by the card reader and click "Confirm". But when I click it nothing happens at all.

Now going to try it on Firefox but I am running out of browsers!
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure