PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Hi folks, joining this thread. Moving after 15 years in my current house. FTB buying my house and vendor of my new home moving in with partner so not really any chain.
    Mortgage sorted, surveys sorted, searches in progress and solicitors have draft contracts. Just waiting for the FTB to get valuation survey this week (bit of a delay getting it sorted since the offer was accepted second week August). Buyers solicitors waiting for answers to queries from my solicitors. The EA who is selling my house has been fab, keeps me up to date weekly with both my sale and purchase. Even though I am purchasing through a different EA (who have not kept me updated with anything).

Hoping to at least exchange late October if not complete by then but that really is wishful thinking i guess.
  • Well finally looks like something might be happening with mine..offer accepted 16th June, vendors had to find somewhere to buy which happened 10th July, hopefully exchanging on Friday for completion 22nd, seems like forever but actually will only be 11 weeks from Vendors finding, just seems longer I guess because of the 3 or so weeks for them to find

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting
  • Exchanged today with completion 28th. Smooth process so far with offer accepted 25th July so around 7 weeks to get to exchange. Fingers crossed for new buyer happytails. Just got to clear the flat now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    It's good to hear about a couple of fairly speedy transactions! Gives me hope that an October completion date isn't impossible!
  • Best of luck happytails. I remember we were supposed to exchange on the same day.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • Still waiting for final drainage search...offer accepted 7th July..solicitors SO slow! Chain free, empty property! Rant over.
  • Pumpkim wrote: »
    It's good to hear about a couple of fairly speedy transactions! Gives me hope that an October completion date isn't impossible!

I'm with you on that. Searches have been initiated, anyone now how long the searches take to be completed?

I've also been advised to carry out two further searches for extra costs of course. One is for wind farms etc, and the other is for planning approval and applications within the last 10years. Has anyone else had this?
  • Completion tomorrow, so all the last minute bits to do tonight, feeling panicky excited and relieved at same time. In all sale/purchase has been going since beg April, but did have a couple failed before that. Good luck all others, will update on how move goes. Smoothly I hope
  • Jb_1982 wrote: »
    I've also been advised to carry out two further searches for extra costs of course. One is for wind farms etc, and the other is for planning approval and applications within the last 10years. Has anyone else had this?

those came up as standard on the ones my solicitor did for me, strange. the wind farms didnt have any real information so the ones they are offering you could be of more relevance, my results had x proposed sites within 5km of x turbines or more which could just be small farm ones, working in that industry i'm not that bothered by them
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • I've just had a letter from my solicitor -
    "....it appears everything is in order with the mortgage offer. I have also received the draft contract/title pack from the seller and have raised a number of enquiries. As soon as I receive a response I shall be able to let you have my complete report on title. After that we will be able to arrange a time for you to come in and sign the relevant paperwork in relation to your purchase"

I've emailed for some clarity on the enquiries but does is this completely normal and going in the right direction?
    We are hoping to complete by the end of October - don't know if I'm mad ��
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback