Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers

Options
Please let us know about your experiences - good or bad - of using PPI Reclaiming claims management companies.

How to report your story...

1. Click reply to enter your views. It's free to post but you do need to register.

2. Let us know the following:
  • Why you decided to use a claims handler
  • Were you happy with the service
  • How much were you claiming and how much did you get to keep
  • Anything else you want to tell us

Please do NOT post questions in this thread. Questions can be asked in the PPI reclaiming discussion thread where, although not guaranteed, it is more likely somebody may be able to help you.

Would you be happy to talk to the press? If you're willing to tell your story to the papers, tv or both please e-mail [EMAIL="casestudy@moneysavingexpert.com"]casestudy@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] (sorry but we can't answer questions at this email address) with a daytime phone number and where you live.
*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• calw
    calw Posts: 92 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2012 at 9:33PM
    Options
    2. Let us know the following:
    Why you decided to use a claims handler .... to be honest I never thought about trying to complain myself and with all the recent press I'd heard thought this the best route, I honestly thought a claims handler would have more success than going alone, I went with 121 after quickly realising there 15% + vat rate was much cheaper than a lot of other claim handlers. I stumbled across this site after I'd signed all the paperwork with 121 giving them the go ahead to complain on my behalf :mad:

Were you happy with the service .. in all fairness yes I was, they kept my updated throughout and were always more than helpful and friendly when I spoke to them, I didn't have any issue what so ever :D

How much were you claiming and how much did you get to keep...£1075.87 I got to keep £882.21 after 121 took of there payment....

Anything else you want to tell us.. I'm just annoyed after signing the paperwork for the claims handler I realised they couldn't really have done anything more than I could have done myself.. I now have complains in with Tescos Egg/Barcalycard and cap one with the help of this site :D I cannot stress enough how fab and helpful this site is and without your help I more than likely would have used the same claims handler to deal with my other ppi complaints, thankfully I thought I'll see how we get on with the smaller one before I think about complaining about the others :T
  • chuckl1es
    chuckl1es Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    Used a CMC and was very happy, did exactly what they said they would and I wasn't interested in doing it myself.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    chuckl1es wrote: »
    I wasn't interested in doing it myself.
    How much of your redress did you lose as a result?
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Used a CMC and was very happy, did exactly what they said they would and I wasn't interested in doing it myself.

You are on the wrong site. You want MoneyWASTINGExpert.com
  • chuckl1es
    Options
    How much of your redress did you lose as a result?

I didn't loose any, I got money I wouldn't have otherwise got.
  • chuckl1es
    Options
    You are on the wrong site. You want MoneyWASTINGExpert.com

Why am I on the wrong side ? I looked on here and didn't like the idea of doing it myself, found it a lot easier just to pay someone to do it for me, just like with a lot of things in life.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I got money I wouldn't have otherwise got.
    No, you got some money and gave the rest to someone who did little more than put a stamp on your complaint form.
  • chuckl1es
    Options
    No, you got some money and gave the rest to someone who did little more than put a stamp on your complaint form.

That's life i'm afraid........paid £22 for a bottle of wine last night in a restaurant that probably cost £4 and all the waiter did was pop the cork.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's life i'm afraid........paid £22 for a bottle of wine last night in a restaurant that probably cost £4 and all the waiter did was pop the cork.
    You've just made my "ignore list".
    Carry on promoting CMCs, I won't be reading.
  • chuckl1es
    Options
    You've just made my "ignore list".
    Carry on promoting CMCs, I won't be reading.

I'm not promoting them, just wonder why so many people are against them because Mr Lewis says so, yet at least they don't hide their incomes !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback