Anyone tried Starling Bank?

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Extract from an email from Starling received today:
    Coming soon!

Business Current Accounts. Sign up on our website to be the first to hear when they launch.

Deposit cash, instantly. This Spring it will be easier and more convenient to deposit cash straight to your account at your local Post Office.

Depositing cash at a Post Office is a good one for me.
  • Roseanne1
    Roseanne1 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Admittedly, I haven't had the account long but only took minutes to set up. I use it for when I go to Ireland, which is a lot. I put money away every month in my "holidand my mother has one too so no doubt we will be making use of the Settle Up feature toy" account, which is the Starling account and always get notified promptly when money has gone in. I can then withdraw from ATMs (though haven't done that yet) instead of using the Barclaycard I got for that purpose before I heard of this as I prefer the likes of cash withdrawals to be a straightway thing rather than having to pay them back later on a credit card. I used it in McDonalds and immediately got the Sterling price, which is good and it also lets you see where your money has gone, for example, eating out, travel etc so great for budgeting. Overall a thumbsup for me. My mother has one too now so no doubt will be using the Settle Up feature soon. :D
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Impressed so far. The account opened in around a minute. Photo verification failed for some reason, but CS answered and sorted it out in seconds.

I'll try it abroad next week, hoping to start using it instead of Revolut (which is great until things go wrong and you wait 30 hours in a CS queue).
  • Hi

New to this board but finding it very useful. Just tried to create an account with the Starling Bank - got my text almost immediately - uploaded photo and copy of passport as requested.

After a few minutes the system came back we are making a few checks you will hear from us shortly.

Anyone ever had this ? Is it normal ? If not what would be the cause and the likely result.

Was applying for this card for foreign travel reasons.

Thanks

Pat
  • No code arrived almost immediately
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Patk1000 wrote: »
    After a few minutes the system came back we are making a few checks you will hear from us shortly.

Anyone ever had this ? Is it normal ?
    It's normal, like any bank account application Starling may give immediate acceptance or there can be a delay while secondary checks are carried out. Please update us with any result.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Was applying for this card for foreign travel reason.

I opened a Starling account for foreign travel use but have found myself using it more and more in the UK.
  • I opened my one three weeks ago and so far I am really impressed with it. I was a bit sceptic at the beginning but after a while I decided to stop using the TSB account and start using Starling instead. The whole process since I downloaded the app and made the first transfer took me about 10 minutes. Also I was impressed due to the fact that I could link it with GPay straight away and I did not have to wait until the card arrived physically into the mailbox.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi

New to this board but finding it very useful. Just tried to create an account with the Starling Bank - got my text almost immediately - uploaded photo and copy of passport as requested.

Anyone ever had this ? Is it normal ? If not what would be the cause and the likely result.

Was applying for this card for foreign travel reasons.

Thanks

Pat

I believe I was accepted really quick, yes it's normal for there to be a wait, they need to check an account isn't being opened up fraudulently.
  • Have Just updated app (android) Joint Accounts are now available.

If other person also has a Starling account you can open a new Joint Account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure