Selling on Amazon

I feel that Amazon hasn’t been very fair about the monthly fees they have charged me as a pro-business seller on their website in the UK.

To make some extra money I registered as business seller with Amazon and got a Pro-Seller account. Since April 2016 I have been receiving monthly invoices for my product ad fees, seller fees, and fulfilled by Amazon fees which I have entered as expenses for my self assessment tax return.

After over two years selling with Amazon I have noticed that I have been charged £30 per month as a fee for being registered as a pro-seller. I have never received an invoice for this amount and as such I didn't know I was paying it. I have since found out that if you sell more than 35 items per month you save money by not paying on a per item fee basis. However there have been eight months over the last year when I would have been better off paying the £0.75+VAT per item fee because I have sold fewer than 35 items per month.

They have refused to refund the months of April 2018, March 2018, February 2018, January 2018, December 2017, November 2017, October 2017, September 2017, August 2017, when I was selling less than 35 items per month.

I complained about not having being invoiced and they directed me to the invoices section of my account but there are still no invoices in there relating to this amount. As such i have not been able to list the £30 per month as an expense on my last two tax returns. I am annoyed about this.

Are they in the wrong here?

Comments

• JayWalker
    JayWalker Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ask them again to provide you with the invoices - suggest they email them 'cos you can't find them. Good luck!

I only use Amazon to sell my books on Kindle - it's not worth me keeping physical books in their stock after an initial boxful when I release a new one.

Hope you get a satisfactory resolution quickly. :|
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    When you signed up as a pro seller you were clearly told about the recurring fees, at that point you could have chosen to not go further with your application and stayed on the other system where you pay more per sale.

The invoice will show all your fees and will be reflected in what you pay each month. If you don't wish to continue as a pro seller you can give notice now although from memory you still pay whilst in notice. You cannot opt though to only pay a monthly fee when you sell enough to warrant it, you need to opt in or out entirely.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure