Trying to setup a Morning Star portfolio

I am trying to use Morning Star to manager my pension funds. It appears that the majority of the pension funds I have access to are not available on Morning Star. For example, see the below:

1) ISIN: GB00BDH3Q043 (http://factsheets.financialexpress.net/frle/MOV1.PDF)
2) ISIN: GB0005941272 (http://factsheets.financialexpress.net/frle/OR83.PDF)

Here are the steps I used to search for them:

1) Go to: http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/fundquickrank/default.aspx
2) Select 'All' for each drop down list
3) Type the ISIN into the textbox
4) Select Go

The first ISIN above is searchable, however the second is not. Why is the second not searchable. Sometimes the funds appear to be searchable by name, but not by ISIN, however Morning Star doesn't appear to allow you to do partial searches e.g. where a search of 'BlackRock (30:70)' would find: 'Aviva Pension BlackRock (30:70) Currency Hedged Global Equity Index FP' and the names on my pension provider website appear to be different to the name on the Morning Star website.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Comments

• Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    I think there are several different problems.....
    - the ISIN codes you are using are the ones for the underlying fund rather than the Aviva labelled one. These Aviva ones may not be generally available but rather in-house variants without their own ISIN number.
    - these are pension funds, not OEICs/UTs and so wouldnt be in the fund quickrank anyway. For pension funds look under Investing for Retirement on the MS home page. However your funds arent there either though some Aviva Blackrock funds are.

To add to the complexity, although the underlying Baillie Gifford fund is a OEIC/UT the Aviva version is a pension fund. The underlying fund is on the OEICs/UTs list.

- According to your Blackrock (30:70) link the underlying fund was only launched in Nov 2017 so perhaps hasnt made it onto the lists yet.
  • bostonerimus
    bostonerimus Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry.......I read this and couldn't believe that the paper of the British Communist Party was complicit in capitalism.......;-)
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sorry.......I read this and couldn't believe that the paper of the British Communist Party was complicit in capitalism.......;-)

You will find a lot in politics has changed over the years following Tony Blairs rebranding success comrade.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure