NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Yep , I did find somebody else asking the same question , but nobody replied :-(
    I dont think I will try with the RBS just incase.
    I will use my COOP one, but have to forfeit the £4 p.m from them :-(

Just phoned them about it, and they actually will give the £125 switching from an RBS current account - Happy days :-)

Hope it helps others :-)
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,412
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Never known an account like this for registering for the online banking. Account opened early last week. Got debit card Thursday.Pin received Friday. Got customer number via email on Friday and it also said I would receive activation code for online banking by text within 48 hours.....then nothing. It's like pulling teeth!
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I got a message that my switch is completed. But when I went to my Lloyds Account which I have switched to Natwest, it seem that the AC is still open only the balance is Nil.

Is it common. I just worried that it is not a full which make me unqualified for the switching incentive.

I wonder what is other people experience is it common that the AC is not closed straight away but will need time ??
    Thanks
  • bioboybill
    Forumite
    I think I saw a few comments on here where the account stays open a couple of days with nil in before showing as completely closed.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    bioboybill wrote: »
    Never known an account like this for registering for the online banking. Account opened early last week. Got debit card Thursday.Pin received Friday. Got customer number via email on Friday and it also said I would receive activation code for online banking by text within 48 hours.....then nothing. It's like pulling teeth!

My 48 hours was around 96 IIRC.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    I got a message that my switch is completed. But when I went to my Lloyds Account which I have switched to Natwest, it seem that the AC is still open only the balance is Nil.

Is it common. I just worried that it is not a full which make me unqualified for the switching incentive.

I wonder what is other people experience is it common that the AC is not closed straight away but will need time ??
    Thanks

Yes, perfectly normal. Sometimes the switched account disappears later the same day, but more usually overnight, presumably as the old bank's systems update.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just to be absolutely certain can anybody confirm that if my switch to NatWest included money over £1500 then I do not have to also make a deposit of £1500 in addition?

That's what I was told on the phone. Assuming , of course, that you have a Select account, not a Reward a/c (which does require a monthly pay-in.)
    If in doubt- phone and ask......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Katiehound
    Forumite
    bioboybill wrote: »

If you have account & sort code numbers then you should be able to log in with your debit card. You will then be able to access the first level of security- and therefore be able to order the card reader (another week.....at least!!) which you need to set up payees, DDs etc. (Oh and fulfil the conditions)
    Many thanks
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Katiehound
    Forumite
    ToTo_Man wrote: »
    I don't understand this because she has never inserted her card into the card reader! Has anyone else had this problem?

Very probably!
    The left and right hand of NatWest don't communicate. I would just phone the helpline & explain the problem- see what they say.....
    Many thanks

• bioboybill
    Forumite
    Katiehound wrote: »
    If you have account & sort code numbers then you should be able to log in with your debit card. You will then be able to access the first level of security- and therefore be able to order the card reader (another week.....at least!!) which you need to set up payees, DDs etc. (Oh and fulfil the conditions)
    I don't have the account number, only the sort code. In fact when I tried over the weekend it wouldn't even recognise my 16 digit card number in about 6 attempts. It did today, but without activation code or account number no dice lol. Will give it another couple of days before phoning them. They seem to repeat everything by post anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure