NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Think i may be a bit paranoid about uploading my passport details/photo for Id with nat west digi check, will it be stored or deleted after checking? driving licence not a option.
    If you take your passport to branch, as I did, would you ask them the same question as they walked away to scan it onto the system? And if they said they'd store it would you ask for it back, withdraw your application and give up the £125? I didn't, but maybe you would?
  • roxy28 wrote: »
    Think i may be a bit paranoid about uploading my passport details/photo for Id with nat west digi check, will it be stored or deleted after checking? driving licence not a option.

Tell them you do not have a valid passport or driving license. Then ask them what you can supply instead.
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well think i will go along and upload the passport if asked and i believe a sig and a utility bill are also needed to be uploaded.
    :T
  • A week after the full switch, opening and funding - I received three separate emails and three separate text messages that they were still waiting for my id!!
  • A week after the full switch, opening and funding - I received three separate emails and three separate text messages that they were still waiting for my id!!

I have had the same (both texts and ems) messages asking for id proof. Everything was done several weeks ago. I am just ignoring the messages.
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 5 February 2018 at 11:25AM
    OH has just tried to enable her NatWest card reader through nwolb so that she can add payees etc, and got this message:

"We're sorry, but the NatWest card you're using with your card-reader is locked-out for use with Online Banking. To find out how to unlock your card, please use our Support Centre and ask the question 'Card-reader is locked-out'."

According to the Support Centre:

"If you get the following customer advice message:

"We're sorry but the NatWest card you're using with your card-reader is locked-out for use with Online Banking. To find out how to unlock your card please use our Help 24x7 and ask the question 'Card-reader is locked-out'."

It means you have used all six attempts to correctly enter the unique number (PASSCODE) and your card is now locked out for use with the card-reader.

Your debit card will still function as normal at ATMs and Point of Sale terminals. It is only locked out for use with the card-reader.

To unlock your card for use with the card-reader please contact us.

Please note: Once the card has been reset you need to log out of Online Banking before trying again."

I don't understand this because she has never inserted her card into the card reader! Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Just to be absolutely certain can anybody confirm that if my switch to NatWest included money over £1500 then I do not have to also make a deposit of £1500 in addition?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A week after the full switch, opening and funding - I received three separate emails and three separate text messages that they were still waiting for my id!!

Could that be for other applications that you started but didn't complete? I'm half expecting a chaser letter asking if I still want my 'Private' account to be opened.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    A week after the full switch, opening and funding - I received three separate emails and three separate text messages that they were still waiting for my id!!

I’ve had the same. I called customer service. They told me to ignore.
  • I seem to remember someone posting they were doing that. But I'm not prepared to go back through nearly 1,000 posts to find the one. How badly do you want to know? ;)

Yep , I did find somebody else asking the same question , but nobody replied :-(
    I dont think I will try with the RBS just incase.
    I will use my COOP one, but have to forfeit the £4 p.m from them :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport