NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Oh my next victim. Already applied successfully. Nice easy £125. I have asked for my Yorkshire bank account to be switched. Not worth keeping as I have got my £250 bonus.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Thanks Sconey. Done. Accepted.
    Ironically Nat West was my first donor account for switching away.
    Have moved Halifax.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,023
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Excellent. Got an M&S account ready to switch in 2 months time but if no DD's are required then I'll switch my last spare TSB Enhance account.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Thank you very much for this!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,627
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks OP

NatWest offering an incentive! Wow.

I was a little worried by that 'beta' in the web address - wondered briefly if this was some page they were just experimenting with (i.e. beta testing) and not meant to be found.

But I went to their home page and followed the links through to current accounts - and all of them seem to be prefixed with beta, so I was over-worrying. Plus the T&C clearly state the offer starts today, 10th Jan, too.
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 591
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    From the looks of it, you need a passport or drivers license?
  • Ashen wrote: »
    From the looks of it, you need a passport or drivers license?

That's if using the online verification method, during the application there is an option to go into branch instead, where it said alternatives may be possible. I'm not sure what alternatives to those to forms of ID in branch would be though.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,831
    Forumite
    Thanks for this heads up. Can you apply for this and then switch later or do you apply for the switch at same time as the application.. Wondering whether to apply now as will be using my Yorkshire accounts the switching one, but just waiting on the incentive pay out, don’t want to risk the Yorkshire payment.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £355.88 overpaid as at February so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £33,962.02
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,070
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 10 January 2018 at 10:19PM
    Well after my success with YB thought I would give Natwest a try. I was accepted with no issues and they offered me a 4,000 overdraft facility but not interested. Only in it for the bonus.

Also did not want to use the YB account for switching as opened recently so decided to use the NW account and that one is never used.

I did have a bank account with them and closed it in 1976 so hopefully this will not barr me.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Forumite
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    Can you apply for this and then switch later
    Yes, because you'd then qualify under condition 1(b). Just be mindful of the 16/3 cut-off for completion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure