Money transfer stoozing

13»

Comments

• 24 months at 0% with a 2.4% fee existing customer money transfer offer? Are you sure?
    If you use your Barclaycard up to it's limit hope you have other cards to use for purchases and normal day to day spending.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    edited 5 December 2019 at 9:58PM
    24 months at 0% with a 2.4% fee existing customer money transfer offer? Are you sure?
    If you use your Barclaycard up to it's limit hope you have other cards to use for purchases and normal day to day spending.
    Anybody can post and claim anything they like. It really is for individual readers of posts to judge the validity or otherwise of the claims made.
  • Retired_Mortgage_Adviser
    Retired_Mortgage_Adviser Posts: 590
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 12 December 2019 at 3:28PM
    The 2 card trick requires a different kind of money-transfer offer.

For example, MBNA existing users often get an offer similar to the following - Money transfer at 6.9% lifetime (or a certain time limit), with 0% fee.

So what you do is -
    Step 1 - transfer (say) 5k using this MBNA offer to your bank account.
    Step 2 - Once the above is approved, immediately do a balance transfer for 5k from MBNA to a low/no fee 0% BT card (such as the Sainsburys or Natwest ones currently available).

So you effectively end up doing a 0% money transfer with a fee of 6.9% interest for a couple of days. For 5k, that would come to less than £2 for 2 days.

I hope that's clear.

Unfortunately, I've never had an offer from Barclaycard that was fee-free and similar to the above. Their offers are always like the one you described.

Untitled.jpg

kartingmad wrote: »
    Hi

So I’m totally new to this. The only thing I remember is my grandad doing this in the good ole days,always remember he had about 20 credit cards stacked up in the draw.

So the only reason I am querying now is that I have just noticed on barclaycard I have a money transfer 0% offer until nov 2021�� with a 2.4% fee.

How can I utilise this as I’ve got around 12k I could move?

I noticed people talking about the 2 card trick.....

Any help appreciated

Tom
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,806
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    <please ignore - pushing spam out of the forum index>
  • 5k money transfer into my bank account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories