Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• DancingDragons
    DancingDragons Posts: 125 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2018 at 8:56AM
    Hi all,

Still here, iregularly catching up. Sticking to plan too. Thanks Chris for the new thread and all the work bringing it together. I'd like to throw in on the Halloween Challenge with an aim of -10lb

So I'm reporting a -4lb loss for my first-not-going-to-group-because-life-is-to-busy weigh in. :jWell pleased with that.

Next week's the hardest and there's plenty of social chaos between now and the end of October.

I'm going to put £1 in a pot for every 1lb lost along side the £5 I would have paid per week to club, though at the minute I'm not sure what I'll put that money toward. Probably replacement clothes.

Lots of work to do, but I hope something makes you smile today. :D
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • Morning, not had a chance to catch up, WI tonight :(

As everybody else, I use Frilight when needed, but was reading something yesterday about alternative methods, main one being to use veg/olive oil in a spray oil bottle. Has anyone tried this, is it acceptable?

I must admit, I am not a lover of Frilight but used to use Costco's very large tin of spray oil. They don't seem to have it at the moment, but was wondering if ultimately the same thing?
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I do use Frylight sometimes but prefer to use Tesc's own brand spray oil. Says it's 2 cals per spray. It's listed on the website as 0.5 syns for 5 sprays but to be honest
    I don't count it. Irt doesn't ruin non stick pans like Frylight sometimes does.

Denise
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning, not had a chance to catch up, WI tonight :(

As everybody else, I use Frilight when needed, but was reading something yesterday about alternative methods, main one being to use veg/olive oil in a spray oil bottle. Has anyone tried this, is it acceptable?

I must admit, I am not a lover of Frilight but used to use Costco's very large tin of spray oil. They don't seem to have it at the moment, but was wondering if ultimately the same thing?

I use rapeseed oil in a spray bottle, it's gets a little clogged eventually and needs a good wash ( I usually do this when I'm refilling it)but I've no problems with it, it's not a mist like frylight though so only need a couple of sprays
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Vixstar
    Vixstar Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    GTQ - I use olive oil in a spray bottle and so far it doesn't seem to have affected anything. Having said that I also just syn oil when I think a recipe will suffer without it.

After a nerve wracking couple of weeks with no loss I am surprised to report a4lb loss this week.

I'm sure my body works a week behind as I'm off work this week and haven't been too stressed about synning food or alcohol. Having said that, we don't snack and I don't think I've eaten anything too off plan. Hopefully I won't pay for it next week!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Welcome back everyone that has come back x
    Well done to all the losers:T:T:T:T
    Stoke how much more do you want till target?
    Well after my indulgent weekend im happy with 1/2lb gain:D still 2lb below target but this week i am going for it again so i am the full3lb hopefully:D
    Will soon be 6 months i have maintained without going over my target, i think it gone quick and am really pleased:j:j:j
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Dancing Dragons, that’s a brilliant loss.

I’ve had a decent day today, not gone over syns. Tomorrow I’ll be out for lunch so that will be a challenge.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • 1lb loss for me this week :T

Thanks Chris for the new thread

Good luck everyone on thier journey ☺
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • Thanks for suggestions re spray oil, think I will have a go.

Having gone off piste, I had the expected gain +2lb Not having bread anymore, find I always gain if there is bread in the house. I usually buy a pack of 6 wholemeal rolls & can freeze 5, then use when I fancy them. Mr T didn't have any when I went in (knew I hated the place for a reason!), so bought a small loaf in place, no room in freezer so ate it throughout the week:(

Challenge for next week is to reverse & some!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • I'm fed up! STS for me. I thought I'd done really well. Hopefully my hard work and abstinence will show when I next weigh in!
    It's very autumnal here now. Makes me think of soups and stews. Trouble is, the rest of the gang like dumplings or crusty bread with them and I know I'll be tempted to do/have the same.
    Plan for today is :-
    B weetabix (Hea and Heb)
    L Spanish ommlette with salad
    D chicken curry with rice and (maybe as a starter) pinch of nom onion bhajees sw raita and a tomato/onion salad
    Syns mint sauce and gin - not together lol

Tomorrow will be a challenge. It is the last cricket of the season and will definitely involve loads of syns in the form of alcohol. I'm their tea lady and they want me to go to their end of season bash. I'm flattered they want me around and will go but probably will leave before they get sloshed and definitely before the 18 pre ordered pizzas arrive!! Wish me luck! There are 15 players in the squad, coach and scorer and me. Last year they all bought a round so you can imagine the state of them. I will buy the first round and then I can get off whenever I want.

Have a good day and I'll catch up with you all later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure