Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 14,199Posts
    • 43,865Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 140
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 2nd Dec 19, 5:22 PM
    • 1,281 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    General Grant
    g. . . I remember the good old days too much....who else can remember getting . . . .
    Originally posted by need an answer
    I remember when we used to get all sorts of magazines (eg nursing) and Kantar might even ask you what type you preferred if they spoke to you by phone about it.
    • Schnurrbart
    • By Schnurrbart 2nd Dec 19, 5:26 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Schnurrbart
    On a separate note, does anyone else experience the following on the desktop site?

When I click on 'Available Survey' all that happens is that the page I'm on refreshes. This has been the case for as long as I remember.

When I click on 'Available Survey' on the app, I am at least taken to another page with a message saying that there's currently nothing available.

I'm not entirely sure of the need for that 'Available Survey' link, anyway. If a CD or UM survey is available, then the invite is on a pop-up that appears as soon as you log-in, and you have to select 'Accept' or 'Decline' there and then, before you can proceed any further. So, if there's no pop-up, there's no survey invite to be accessed by the 'Available Survey' link anyway! Even if the desktop link actually worked properly and didn't simply result in a page refresh.

Is my logic sound? Has anyone actually accessed an available survey via that link (on website or app), instead of the compulsory-response pop-up? If not, and everyone else gets the page refresh upon clicking the link, then it must be a redundant page element that, for whatever reason, hasn't been removed.

You may be able to tell that I find it very annoying (although not as annoying as clicking through to an 'available survey' within 30 seconds of receiving the notification email, only to find that there isn't one - yes, you can add me to that list!).

[Edit: I say that the page refreshes, but that isn't entirely accurate. When I click on 'Available Survey' my browser page refresh icon does not briefly change to an 'X' (to stop the page reload), which is what would normally happen during a page refresh. What does happen is that, just for a second, the dashboard turns a lighter shade, and a spinning activity circle appears in the middle of the screen. Then the page is displayed as it was before. I apologize if my use of the term 'page refresh' caused some confusion.]
    Last edited by Schnurrbart; 02-12-2019 at 5:48 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 2nd Dec 19, 10:55 PM
    • 13,360 Posts
    • 141,857 Thanks
    quoia
    On a separate note, does anyone else experience the following on the desktop site?

When I click on 'Available Survey' all that happens is that the page I'm on refreshes. This has been the case for as long as I remember.

When I click on 'Available Survey' on the app, I am at least taken to another page with a message saying that there's currently nothing available.

I'm not entirely sure of the need for that 'Available Survey' link, anyway. If a CD or UM survey is available, then the invite is on a pop-up that appears as soon as you log-in, and you have to select 'Accept' or 'Decline' there and then, before you can proceed any further. So, if there's no pop-up, there's no survey invite to be accessed by the 'Available Survey' link anyway! Even if the desktop link actually worked properly and didn't simply result in a page refresh.

Is my logic sound? Has anyone actually accessed an available survey via that link (on website or app), instead of the compulsory-response pop-up? If not, and everyone else gets the page refresh upon clicking the link, then it must be a redundant page element that, for whatever reason, hasn't been removed.

You may be able to tell that I find it very annoying (although not as annoying as clicking through to an 'available survey' within 30 seconds of receiving the notification email, only to find that there isn't one - yes, you can add me to that list!).

[Edit: I say that the page refreshes, but that isn't entirely accurate. When I click on 'Available Survey' my browser page refresh icon does not briefly change to an 'X' (to stop the page reload), which is what would normally happen during a page refresh. What does happen is that, just for a second, the dashboard turns a lighter shade, and a spinning activity circle appears in the middle of the screen. Then the page is displayed as it was before. I apologize if my use of the term 'page refresh' caused some confusion.]
    Originally posted by Schnurrbart
    My experience is similar ...

.. however ..

.. these 2 posts suggests just occasionally ...

From memory, it doesn’t pop up on the home screen of the mobile app, you need to go into the “available survey” section to get it.
    Originally posted by Money_Grabber13579
    I got the invite email and logged in to the website on my phone, no pop up. Then I noticed the Available Survey link on the menu and it was hiding in there.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    ... IF you need to "reinvigorate" the "pop-up"
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • elsien
    • By elsien 2nd Dec 19, 11:06 PM
    • 20,250 Posts
    • 51,587 Thanks
    elsien
    I remember when we used to get all sorts of magazines (eg nursing) and Kantar might even ask you what type you preferred if they spoke to you by phone about it.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    Jewish Chronicla and a boxing magazine. Never read either of them - always hoped for something I was more interested in but it never happened.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • gt94sss2
    • By gt94sss2 3rd Dec 19, 12:54 AM
    • 4,313 Posts
    • 2,042 Thanks
    gt94sss2
    I see the point of the training phase for first-time panellists or for returning panellists who haven't participated for a couple of years or more, but it's an utter waste of time for the rest of us (and, by extension, for Kantar TNS).
    While the training can be irritating to long term panellists, I imagine if they don’t do it they risk the quality of the results.

As it is for the past few weeks, I have suddenly started getting items where the white internal label has been placed anywhere apart from its designated area + a Jiffy bag that should have been a parcel.

Actually, on that.. out of interest what do others do if the incorrect postage is put on an item do you still choose ‘1st/Xp’ or do you choose the others option as it was first class but a different figure?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 3rd Dec 19, 8:48 AM
    • 20,250 Posts
    • 51,587 Thanks
    elsien
    I had a cube once that was meant to be APL but the sender had pocketed the vouchers and stuck a very large quantity of the free stamps all over it to make up the total. It looked ridiculous as they wouldn't all fit on one side.
    I reported it as other, explained why and was asked to send photos. Presumably so they could follow it up with the panellist.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 3rd Dec 19, 9:04 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 15,934 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Jewish Chronicla and a boxing magazine. Never read either of them - always hoped for something I was more interested in but it never happened.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Publicans Weekly - I skipped through it for articles about breweries/real ale.
    Property Weekly - aimed at estate agents I think. Straight to recycling.
    Top Gear - I was actually looking forward to that. Only two ever arrived, and after I reported two as not arriving, TNS said they were stopping it.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    • millie
    • By millie 3rd Dec 19, 4:37 PM
    • 964 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    millie
    I had a cube once that was meant to be APL but the sender had pocketed the vouchers and stuck a very large quantity of the free stamps all over it to make up the total. It looked ridiculous as they wouldn't all fit on one side.
    I reported it as other, explained why and was asked to send photos. Presumably so they could follow it up with the panellist.

I had one exactly the same a couple of months ago. Kantar asked me if there was an APL label on it so I told them no there were just a load of stamps.
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 3rd Dec 19, 4:52 PM
    • 9,113 Posts
    • 33,094 Thanks
    Primrose
    I rarely seem to get any of the available surveys these days. They're all snapped up too quickly so there must be a lot of other panelists in my local area. I love to know how many.

One unknown pannelist lives two streets away from me. . I had to post a cube to her one day and I could see the person at the post office counter thinking "Lazy woman, why doesn,t she just walk round the corner, knock on her door and hand it over?" (Unless she realised it was part of a test mailing and decided silence was the better part of discretion! )

That particular may even have had to return the favour of posting a cube back to me too but of course I will never know
    Last edited by Primrose; 03-12-2019 at 5:19 PM.
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 3rd Dec 19, 5:03 PM
    • 1,636 Posts
    • 3,096 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    I had and done the same, can't stand people that cheat like this.
    GONE ENGLAND
    • molerat
    • By molerat 3rd Dec 19, 8:26 PM
    • 21,646 Posts
    • 15,872 Thanks
    molerat
    Last week I received a cube with a 2nd L stamp and a £2.72 APL which adds up to £3.55, possibly the PO messed up as £2.72 is a 750g large letter.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 3rd Dec 19, 10:14 PM
    • 10,724 Posts
    • 65,360 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    I had to post a cube several weeks ago, but they didn't send me the cardboard box to post. I rang them and they sent me one but made a mistake and sent one with stamps already on it, thanks very much.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • quoia
    • By quoia 4th Dec 19, 12:14 AM
    • 13,360 Posts
    • 141,857 Thanks
    quoia
    I had to post a cube several weeks ago, but they didn't send me the cardboard box to post. I rang them and they sent me one but made a mistake and sent one with stamps already on it, thanks very much.
    Originally posted by Ms Chocaholic
    Almost ALL of mine turn up with the stamps already on the flat-packed Cube box.
    Only exception is when an APL method is required.

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    • quoia
    • By quoia 4th Dec 19, 12:28 AM
    • 13,360 Posts
    • 141,857 Thanks
    quoia
    Hello quoia, took me a moment to process that, but yes, that's spot on. That is, your description is more accurate, that is what I enter in the text editor vs what appears in the post, and I am indeed using Firefox!
    <snip>

</snip>
    I was looking into this problem for another MSEer and I have almost 100% confirmed that it is a symptom caused by an unwanted side-effect of FIREFOX and the MSE Forum software vbulletin

Suggest you switch browser to Chrome, IE, Safari or Opera - that should fix it.

• inna
    • By inna 4th Dec 19, 9:36 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 10,287 Thanks
    inna
    I haven't participated in sending and receiving test items for over a year (but took part in correctly delivered surveys) and now I can't log into my account.
    I get error message that says my account has been closed for participation
    Did this happen to anyone else? I'd like to re-join, but the links in the first post do not work for me.
    • inna
    • By inna 5th Dec 19, 8:56 AM
    • 583 Posts
    • 10,287 Thanks
    inna
    They must have auto-closed a lot of accounts!
    Do you have a telephone number for them please? "contact us" form on their website doesn't seem to work.
    thank you

I phoned them today and they said my account had been auto-closed due to not responding to invites. I told them I thought this was wrong as I always respond and have not had an invite for the main survey since April. I keep all the emails and always check my spam folder in case. They have since reinstated my account

Just thought I would post an update in case anyone else gets the same
    Originally posted by BookWorm
    • minty777
    • By minty777 5th Dec 19, 10:37 AM
    • 254 Posts
    • 233 Thanks
    minty777
    I haven't participated in sending and receiving test items for over a year (but took part in correctly delivered surveys) and now I can't log into my account.
    I get error message that says my account has been closed for participation
    Did this happen to anyone else? I'd like to re-join, but the links in the first post do not work for me.
    Originally posted by inna

Happened to me ages ago,exactly the same circumstances.They did email me back when I queried it and said if I will do the main survey again they will open my account again.I personally took the opportunity to leave.I had done it for many years.
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 7th Dec 19, 1:12 PM
    • 5,061 Posts
    • 2,166 Thanks
    aardvaak
    I got an invite for correctly delivered on the 23rd Dec at 13.06 and logged in within a minute but some slime had already nicked it.

Do some people not have a life and sit on their computers all day?
    • wideband
    • By wideband 7th Dec 19, 1:14 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    wideband
    I got an invite for correctly delivered on the 23rd Dec at 13.06 and logged in within a minute but some slime had already nicked it.

Do some people not have a life and sit on their computers all day?
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    Ditto - logged in immediately on receipt of email, getting beyond a joke.
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 7th Dec 19, 1:25 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 1,499 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    I’m not convinced that there is actually any survey available some of the time, when the email comes through.

I was on my phone when the email came through, immediately went into the website and there was nothing there. I don’t see how anyone could have been any quicker, so I’m not convinced I was ever actually invited.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,644Posts Today

7,279Users online

Martin's Twitter