Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ontodva
    • By Ontodva 1st Dec 19, 9:35 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ontodva
    New switching rules and double charging
    • 1st Dec 19, 9:35 AM
    New switching rules and double charging 1st Dec 19 at 9:35 AM
    I don't know what the rules say about being charged by the old mobile provider for the rest of the month after switching. Can anyone provide a link to the Ofcom regulation document?

Last month I switched out of Smarty to Sky with 3 weeks to go of the Smarty monthly contract but, since they bill a month in advance of course I had to pay both providers for this 3 weeks while not getting service from Smarty.

Am I due a refund?
Page 1
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 1st Dec 19, 11:33 AM
    • 3,477 Posts
    • 1,957 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    • 1st Dec 19, 11:33 AM
    • 1st Dec 19, 11:33 AM
    Doubtful, but it will depend on what SMARTY's Ts and Cs said when you read them.
    Would it have been easier to wait another three weeks before switching? As long as Auto Renew was off, in your account, then the service would have just ended.
    PAC the number, if necessary, immediately before then though.
    Last edited by oldagetraveller; 01-12-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    R.I.P. U.K. Democracy.
    • simax
    • By simax 3rd Dec 19, 12:43 AM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    simax
    • 3rd Dec 19, 12:43 AM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 12:43 AM
    As SMARTY is pay as you go, unused credit is non-refundable.
    I say it as it is - you may not like that but what would you prefer? A string of false platitudes that are no help whatsoever just to make you feel better? If my advice has helped, please press the Thanks button over here ----------------V. Cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,594Posts Today

7,483Users online

Martin's Twitter