Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sue-UU
    • By Sue-UU 1st Nov 19, 12:03 AM
    • 8,900Posts
    • 49,822Thanks
    Sue-UU
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 13
    • 1st Nov 19, 12:03 AM
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 13 1st Nov 19 at 12:03 AM
    Hello once again Potters and a warm welcome aboard to all new members! Things are a little different with "SPC "No 13" this year as due to ill health I'm unable to continue as I have been. However, 32b13, a very dear member of ours thankfully refused to let our beloved thread go, so she and I will now run the thread together. Since SPC's birth! We've had 12 fantastic money-saving years, all purely because of your determination to save - many thanks to you splendid folk who have made SPC what it is!!

For all newcomers...Old Timers too - it's so very important to please read through this entire post to see what the SPC is all about, including the declaration date as well as our re-opening date etc.. However, if you haven't already done so, please be sure to Join the MSE forum in order to be able to join the challenge. For ALL SPC members, please chat away regularly about your conquests, money-saving ideas etc, it gives encouragement to all, including yourselves as it keeps the motivation to save far stronger and gives even more ideas of how to save.

For all newcomers - a really huge heartfelt welcome! We're a great bunch who just adore greeting more members to the flock. Please read through this entire post and you'll be aware of why SPC is so special. Pop on the thread and tell us you'd like to join, then start saving straight away and become part of our saving family. You will very soon be welcomed aboard.

The idea is to save as much as possible throughout the following year until just before Christmas - which this year (2020) will be to open our pots on Thursday the 29th October 2020. We save it in pots that we've pre-sealed to stop us being tempted to open them. Any spare cash can be put away, every day/week/month, whatever is best for you. If you have change left over after you've been shopping - pop it in the pot! After all why not. However small the change...the likelihood is that it won't be missed, and might otherwise have been wasted!

Most of us pot the difference that we've been saved on special offers etc, it's all saved at the shop so it makes sense to save it in the pot to mount up!

Below are the basics for making your pot and sealing it.

Firstly: Get yourself a pot, and remember - it doesn't need to cost much - if anything! Please do your best to avoid plastic thank you. With the emphasis being on saving money, your pot doesn't need to cost anything i.e a used sweet tin, coffee jar etc..extremely MSE!! *Next - seal it with sellotape and be sure to make a slit in the lid, big enough for a 50p to go in, that way all coins will fit. If you wish, you can always take advantage of finding a cheap pot in the sales after Christmas, or put one you fancy on your Christmas list! You can always buy ready sealed tins from reasonably priced shops!

It can also be interesting and challenging to make yourself a Paper Mach!!! Pig (or any animal or object) etc by using Frugaldom's recipe, by clicking here then going to Post No. 597 of SPC 1 or by going to a totally separate thread paper mach!! Animal here. After it's finished, seal as per the instructions in the *paragraph above

After selecting your pot, seal round the lid with sellotape. Again, be sure to make a slit in the top that is the right size for a 50p to go in! NB. If you make a Paper Mach!!! Pot you will need to "operate" on it at the end of each challenge! Still, you can always have the pleasure of making a new one towards the end of the year, or getting the kiddies involved - if you're the daring type! The mind could run riot with what to model!

Terrimundi pots are available in many shops and on-line, they're very attractive and another ready sealed way to save, and though the manufacturers and retailers would have you believe differently, you DO NOT need to smash them to remove your cash!! I've used mine for 12 years...and at the end of each year's challenge, hubby and I have a whale of a time, doing things the 'old' way by tilting the pot and using a knife! Though, a few years ago DH bought a 12" steel ruler in from the shed which is thin and broad and perfect for the job. So be assured that, so long as you go carefully, you CAN use them again and again....unless you drop the darned things!! They are costly though, but this is where your Christmas list comes in handy, though always keep a look out in charity shops too!

Regarding the Sealed Cans many of you use, apparently the best way to open the sealed tins is, rather than using a tin opener, squeeze the side of the tin, where the seam meets and you can pop the seal and tip the money out that way, better still, turn them upside down and get the cash out as advised above with Terramundi.

The term roadkill = any money found on pavements, parks etc; even in car parks or on shop floors etc.

NB. A few notes of interest.

1/ Any money which is inherited can not be included as savings. We didn't used to include money put directly into the bank, but we've relaxed that rule as so many folk are unable to use cash these days, so that's all right now. Money from second jobs is ok to be potted, such as cleaning for Mrs Bloggs down the road or taking in ironing. Also money from a part-time job or anything similar is ok to be saved. Any savings saved via Christmas Clubs can also be used in your SPC Totals, it's another way of saving for Christmas after all. Money received from cashback sites such as Quidco, topcashback etc can be included in your pots. Likewise, any money made from sales on E-Bay, Facebook, Surveys or similar can be saved.

Also, it is possible to include all other savings from MSE Challenges with your SPC Totals i.e. the £2 Challenge as, apparently they aren't put down on the challenge threads themselves. Also, the 1p challenge can be declared. If you're unsure, please ask on the thread, and remember - there's no so thing as a stupid question!

Second incomes can come in many varied and very lucrative guises and anything such as that would be unfair to other members. However, doing a little job for Mrs Bloggs as described in paragraph 1/ can be included. Mostly the SPC is a challenge to see how much we can save during the year...mostly it's relatively small amounts which are saved from wages, housekeeping, good budgeting etc. Remunerations via the letting of second homes cannot be included in the SPC!

2/
    Whenever you're in the dilemma of "ooh should I buy that?" If you don't need it, but just want it - leave it there and pot the cash instead, you'll be far more satisfied with the accomplishment, pleased with your self-discipline too. All too often, if I go back a second time I find I didn't even like whatever it was anyway!

3/ You can ask me to put a Target on for you to try to meet (it's put in blue/pink ink alongside your name and number on the 2nd post below) but it's not necessary. If you do set one, but are unable to meet it, don't worry, at least you tried! A few people keep account of all they save, but most of us count what we save daily or weekly, then put it on the thread to help encourage others....ourselves too, then we pot it and forget about it and.... wait for the surprise at the end of the year!!!
    If you are hoping for a particular amount by Declaration Day but still want a nice surprise come October, work out what amount you would like to save, then work out how much you will need to pot on a weekly/monthly basis in order to achieve it. Save that sum regularly as well as potting any spare change after shopping, that way you are bound to come out on top and have a surprise come October!

4/ Mainly SPC is a challenge to see how much we can save in a year for Christmas 2019. However, over the last 10 - 11 years we've had some members who have needed theirs at times throughout the year for bills, debts etc, and personally I'd far sooner they take the cash out for that than pay more interest or...miss a due date! You can always start again, even if it's getting later in the year, plus you can still include what you needed to take out on Declaration Day, after all, you will have saved it!! Whatever you need to do, don't worry about it - be happy and proud you have saved!
    Please don't worry about the amounts others save! We are all individuals with such varying jobs/incomes, each with different expenditures and commitments etc so while some find saving a real struggle, for others it's obviously easy. However, it's the pleasure each of us receives from our personal potting results - whatever you manage to pot, be happy with it, and be proud!!!!

5/ If you wish to save for something special, a holiday, wedding etc then please do so, just please remember to declare it on October 29th. The most important thing, is that you are saving ...and hopefully not tempted to take it out unnecessarily.
    If anyone has any other queries, then please sing out.

6/ At the end of the year (or when we've saved for what we wish) count up all your money saved and declare your Total either by waiting until the declaration date - or (if you've needed your cash for other things - by putting your Total on your MSE signature to remind you to include it in your full Total; that particularly applies to those using their money for holidays etc, but PLEASE remember to return to the thread on the 29th October to declare those Totals to us.
    Some members prefer not to keep too much money in the house and count theirs up every now and then to bank it, in which case they always pop the amount banked on their MSE signatures to remind them to include it when they declare.

7/ KEEP YOUR POT or POTS SAFE and out of sight of others!! If you hide it, be sure to remember where you put it!!

8/ "Holding Pots": To anyone concerned about putting money into their pot - only to possibly need it later in the week/month: Why not use an unsealed pot or purse as a "holding pot" and pop the money in there first each day/week/month - then, if it's not needed (for car parking costs, little Johnnie's school trip etc) - put it in your Sealed pot so it stays put. Do that each week and it'll save you taking money from the bank. Discipline yourself to only take what's needed though!

9/ "Where to take bags of cash at the end of the year?": Most banks will accept them providing you have an account with them. Remember also that most banks have counting machines, so any of you who really don't like counting money, take them in and let the machine do the counting for you; you'll get a receipt which you then take to the counter. PLEASE - DON'T EVER CHANGE IT IN ONE OF THE COINSTAR MACHINES AT THE ENTRANCES OF SUPER MARKETS.... THEY WILL TAKE AROUND 10% OF YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!

10/ Members who do not return by two weeks after closing date will lose their numbers and be removed from the list. Many people who sign up to the challenge then don't bother returning! To be fair, I think a lot get swept up in the excitement of it all, but then, for one reason of another, can't or don't wish to keep it up, but that then leaves us with a long list of non savers on the list which makes things very difficult over time. Any saving members won't be at all worried about this - however, if missing members remember, then - come back and ask for another number, you will always be be more than welcome!

On the post below this is a list of members and their numbers, always display your No on your signatures please, that makes life so much easier for me and my DH when counting up all of our Totals. In December or thereabouts we declare the Grand Total of ALL that we members have collected, and what a terrific sight that is! Please declare your savings ASAP on or close to the 29th October please.

Once again, we've just had an amazing year, let's keep it up and see what we can achieve this year. Good luck everyone and save well!!

PLEASE take note everyone Thursday 29th Oct is the closing date for 2020, the day we declare what we've saved on the thread, kindly declare your monies saved within 2 weeks of the 29th, thank you kindly.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Molly; 20-11-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.02Grand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88!!!! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!!

Page 9
    • SummerDays
    • By SummerDays 26th Nov 19, 2:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    SummerDays
    Thank you for adding me! First £50 saved into the pot - plus an extra £1 coin I found left lying on the bench.... Three winning scratch cards to cash in will also be added, another £8 (even better that I didn't buy them!)
    SPC13 #059
    • Sue-UU
    • By Sue-UU 26th Nov 19, 4:39 PM
    • 8,900 Posts
    • 49,822 Thanks
    Sue-UU
    Hello Happy SPCers!!! A warm welcome to new members!
    Iím really late to this but would love to join. Saving for a big holiday next year after illness and thisíll be such an incentive!
    Originally posted by YAHDi
    I would love to join this challenge please
    Originally posted by catherinen
    Can I please join as well. Hoping by making little changes and saving small bits of money, that I will be pleasently surprised by opening day ☺️
    Originally posted by Loopylucy

It's never too late to join us YAHDi (062) catherinen ( 067) Loopylucy (068) A VERY warm welcome to you! Have fun saving and enjoying the banter. You'll find your number at the bottom of the list on the 2nd post of page 1. Please read through post 1 as it'll let you know exactly what to do with the challenge. PS. We always empty our pots and declare our savings in November, please make a note of this year's date: 29th Oct 2020.

Please also subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" (lower green bar) and clicking "Subscribe to this thread"...or you may lose us! To put your SPC No on, go to "Quick Links" (right side of top green bar), click and then click on "Edit Signature" and you're away.

*Please pop your number on your sig, it really helps us

PS. MORE RECENTLY JOINED MEMBERS and their Nos ARE WELCOMED ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE

Hi there SPCers!!!
    I hope everyone had a lovely, if very wet, weekend and is settled back at work...where it's still wet!! I hope you're all keeping well. I see you're all saving so very well, brilliant work!
    For all those who may be poorly in any way, take good care of yourselves and here's hoping you all recover quickly.

Our darling 2 year old Great-Grandson has hand, foot and mouth disease! Fingers crossed he doesn't pass it on to his 2 week old Brother!!

Afternoon

so lovely to hear from you Sue-UU <3

32b3
    by 323in2013

Thanks so very much dear 32b3. Thank you soooooo very much for filling in so brilliantly for me since I've been rough, you're an angel for certain.

Hi Maddie, a nice amount saved towards your holiday, good for you.

Potted £1.24 just now.

Welcome all the newbies to our lovely friendly thread.It all adds up by the end of the challenge.Don't forget to come back regularly and tell us about you latest potting adventures,because we are very nosey interested around here!
    by Saver-upper[/quote

Let's hope those words you've given to the new members will apply to you too, Saver-upper! Very well saved.

Brilliant work in saving cash so quickly, Loopylucy!

Very well done, delta13, that's a super sum saved!

You'll have to be quicker off the mark when your partner's around, welshywoo!! Still, you've done well to pot what you did.

Excellent potting, SummerDays!!! Keep up the amazing work!

£15 has gone in the pot after shopping!

Have a relaxing evening, everyone, a good Wednesday too! Don't forget to POT what you can!!!!

Sue x

NB folks: Opening date for SPC 13 is 29th October 2020!!!

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.02Grand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88!!!! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!!

• MrsMe
    • By MrsMe 26th Nov 19, 6:22 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    MrsMe
    We're going away this weekend to Bruge for my sister's 40th birthday and today I exchanged our £s for Äs . I have potted £1.76 change from the exchange.

Hopefully I'll come back with some change that can also be potted (once exchanged back of course!)
    SPC #046
    • siju
    • By siju 27th Nov 19, 1:01 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 3,488 Thanks
    siju
    Hello Potters - lovely to see you back Sue-UU

Major disaster was averted over the weekend, thank goodness. As I may have told you before, our family only arrange a Secret Santa for Christmas. I was speaking with my DS and his partner and he asked for our help because his partner had my FIL for Secret Santa. No, I say, I have FIL and I have already bought him a present! Oh dear, when I checked, I was supposed to buy for MIL not FIL!!!!! All sorted now, we have swapped as I had already bought something for FIL. Imagine DMIL on Christmas morning if she had nothing and DFIL had two presents My popularity would be in short supply, I'm sure. Lesson to be learned from this - check and double check my Secret Santa person

Nothing much to pot today apart from 1p, but, hey-ho, every little helps. Enjoy your week, Potters.
    SPC 13 - #09
    Totals: 2014 - £264.51 2015 - £207.50 2016 - £396.79 2017 - £369.49 2018 - £484.24 2019 - £309.90
    • Maddie57
    • By Maddie57 27th Nov 19, 3:49 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    Maddie57
    Hi All

I have potted another 3 £2 coins today so another £6 in the pot.

Maddie x
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is Optional
    SPC no:56
    1 debt vs 100 days chapter 33 £372/£1250
    • nannygladys
    • By nannygladys 27th Nov 19, 8:41 PM
    • 1,344 Posts
    • 14,344 Thanks
    nannygladys
    Hi everyone
    Well my holding jar came in handy today as I had a vets bill that was unexpected, it wasn't a lot of money but the holding jar made it easier, trouble is it means the holding jar is nearly empty now - ah well that's what its all about.
    Nannyg
    Frugal challenge 2019 - starting again.
    Sealed pot 13 no.31
    Emergency fund 190.41/1000
    • Barbeduk
    • By Barbeduk 28th Nov 19, 4:44 PM
    • 835 Posts
    • 7,267 Thanks
    Barbeduk
    Thank you for my number!

I've only put the odd pence in this week so my pot was sad. Then the window cleaner came and I got a £2 coin in change! The pot is feeling a bit more cheerful!
    Dec Grocery Challenge £98.80/£250
    SPC 13 #51
    • welshywoo
    • By welshywoo 28th Nov 19, 10:15 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    welshywoo
    91p for pot I seem to be saving the change and emptying the bank account due to large bills g'ahhhh!!! here's to being less of a spender in december haha!!!
    #8 £2 Savers Club 2020: £88/£250
    #2 Saving for Xmas 2020 £1 a day: £17/£366
    #057 Sealed Pot Challenge: £33.59/£150
    *Mortgage free & Almost Debt Free*
    Learning to be a better custodian of Money
    • Chocolatedrinker
    • By Chocolatedrinker 29th Nov 19, 6:50 PM
    • 300 Posts
    • 2,102 Thanks
    Chocolatedrinker
    No 133 checking in... Found a couple of 5ps in the car so they've been potted. Also I got £1.77 cash back on my bank account this month, so I've potted the cash amount as well. I have some scratch cards to cash in as well, and that money will be potted when I get it.
    Declutter 2019 in 2019 - 3063/2019
    Loan payments left 4/60
    Credit card paid off!!!
    SPC = 133
    • Hettyhound
    • By Hettyhound 30th Nov 19, 8:06 AM
    • 334 Posts
    • 1,860 Thanks
    Hettyhound
    Hello everyone

I potted £2.05 yesterday but most of that went into topping up my cash bags from emptying SPC 12. So very nearly there with some of those bags! I took more housekeeping out yesterday to cover the Christmas groceries etc so hoping there may be a little left for the pot! We get paid again before Christmas but I ignore it and do not allow myself to touch it until ďnormalĒ payday, although I will have to a couple of days before this as my son is going round to a friends for lunch so Iím going grab that shopping window of opportunity on my own; canít believe Iím planning my life for post Christmas already
    Dec 2019 Grocery challenge £170.85/£200
    SPC #120 SPC 12: £125.86
    MFW #90 Mortgage start Dec 2015 £79,950; November 2019 £58,450.00; 2019 OP £1622.28/£1500
    • 32b3in2013
    • By 32b3in2013 30th Nov 19, 3:28 PM
    • 2,287 Posts
    • 19,326 Thanks
    32b3in2013
    Afternoon

How is everyone. How are you getting on Sue?

I have been busy doing nothing this week, which has been nice. I have been potting away too, so all good.

I can't believe we have already done a month of this challenge, doesn't time fly when we are enjoying ourselves.

32b3
    Last edited by 32b3in2013; 02-12-2019 at 4:50 PM.
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    • lucyhope
    • By lucyhope 1st Dec 19, 9:56 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,568 Thanks
    lucyhope
    Good morning all, hope you're all managing to keep warm. Potted a fiver yesterday and also beat my grandson to 10p roadkill but guess where it went -- his savings box (known as feeding piggy!) All's well here, went on a mystery shopping trip last weekend and ended up at Manchester Christmas Market. I managed to resist the temptation to buy the overpriced stuff except some artisan cheese which is lovely and a huge treat.
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 28
    2018 total £1520
    2019 total £8995
    • Homegrown0
    • By Homegrown0 1st Dec 19, 1:30 PM
    • 1,046 Posts
    • 5,613 Thanks
    Homegrown0
    £4.29 into pots this morning

Happy potting everyone!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
    • Sue-UU
    • By Sue-UU 2nd Dec 19, 5:47 PM
    • 8,900 Posts
    • 49,822 Thanks
    Sue-UU
    The start of another week - enjoy it folks!
    Hi there Potters!!!
    I hope everyone had a really super weekend and that work today hasn't come to hard. I hope you're all keeping well. I see everyone's saving well, fantastic work!
    For all those who may be poorly in any way, take good care of yourselves and here's hoping you all recover quickly.

I hope you had a really wonderful weekend in Bruges, MrsMe, with your Sister having a super time and you not spending too much! Hopefully you've put money in the pot too!

Yes, thanks a great deal, siju, I'm feeling a lot better now. Your near disaster could have been a very comical one had you bought something extremely personal for FIL!!! Thank goodness your DS had problems and sought your help.

Very well done, Maddie, and very well potted!!

Hi everyone
    Well my holding jar came in handy today as I had a vets bill that was unexpected, it wasn't a lot of money but the holding jar made it easier, trouble is it means the holding jar is nearly empty now - ah well that's what its all about.

Nannyg
    Originally posted by nannygladys

Thank goodness we thought of the "Holding Pots" several years ago, nannyg! They've been a real blessing to so many of us at troubled times. I'm glad it wasn't too much of an expensive time for you and at least you had the cash on tap.

Many thanks for popping your SPC NO on your siggy, Barbeduk, well done you! Well done the window cleaner for helping your pot to be able to smile again.

Thanks to you too for popping your SPC No on your siggy, welshywoo. Fingers crossed you've already got most of your Christmas presents?? Time to cut back after Christmas perhaps!

Brilliant work, Chocolatedrinker, it sounds as though you're going to potting money from all directions!! Well done on the 5ps too.

Hi Hettyhound and good work with the bags...keep it going! All the best with your forward planning, fingers crossed it works out.

Afternoon

How is everyone. How are you getting on Sue?

I have been busy doing nothing this week, which has been nice. I have been potting away too, so all good.

I can't believe we have already done a month of this challenge, doesn't time fly when we are enjoying ourselves.

32b3
    Originally posted by 32b3in2013

Well, I was doing ok, 32b3, but now I've got a pinched nerve in my spine, so not so good. As usual hubby's being an absolute angel, bless him. Hasn't that first month flow by at a rate of knots!! ...and that's how the next 11 will go too.
    It's good to here you've had a more restful week, well-deserved after the week you had a little while ago!

Good for you with the £5er potted, lucy! Nice work in beating your Grandson to the 10p too, the times I've done that only to then give it to one of the 5 Grandkiddies, we have soft hearts.

Great potting, Homegrown!

Darling hubby brought and potted a lovely £10 back after shopping this morning!!!

Have a relaxing evening, everyone, a good Monday too! Don't forget to POT what you can when you can!!!!

Sue x

NB folks: Opening date for SPC 13 is 29th October 2020!!!

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome!

• Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 3rd Dec 19, 12:28 AM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 14,304 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    Congratulations on having a brand new grandson Sue UU .Wonderful news x

On Sunday night I potted £6.65,including THREE £2 coins .I had got them all together in my change from a £10 note
    SPC #108 x 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• siju
    • By siju 3rd Dec 19, 12:55 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 3,488 Thanks
    siju
    Flying visit - £6 in the pot last night
    SPC 13 - #09
    Totals: 2014 - £264.51 2015 - £207.50 2016 - £396.79 2017 - £369.49 2018 - £484.24 2019 - £309.90
    • Maddie57
    • By Maddie57 3rd Dec 19, 3:07 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    Maddie57
    £4 in pot last night
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is Optional
    SPC no:56
    1 debt vs 100 days chapter 33 £372/£1250
    • ThrillSaver
    • By ThrillSaver 4th Dec 19, 9:38 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    ThrillSaver
    Update :)
    So after reading through load of the threads I signed up to Prolific Academic and have now cashed out £8.69 and also 32p from Qmee (every little helps.)

Also needed to do my Christmas shopping but instead of using the money we saved I decided to do two things 1) by through Top cash back, which has given me £1.98 cash back and 2) use our 0% credit card as that also gives cash back not sure how much though yet. But will now pay that off with our Christmas savings. So potted total now on £38.77, very chuffed with myself x
    SPC 052: £280.77
    • Hettyhound
    • By Hettyhound 4th Dec 19, 12:39 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 1,860 Thanks
    Hettyhound
    Is it so very wrong that a friend gave my son some copper for his money box..........and I WANT IT for my sealed pot!
    Dec 2019 Grocery challenge £170.85/£200
    SPC #120 SPC 12: £125.86
    MFW #90 Mortgage start Dec 2015 £79,950; November 2019 £58,450.00; 2019 OP £1622.28/£1500
    • List Maker
    • By List Maker 4th Dec 19, 9:01 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    List Maker
    Hello all, sorry Iíve been late and lost my number. I had my little boy at the end of September and itís been a bit of a whirlwind. My aim is to put the save the change pot from my bank straight into his child saver!
    Hope it can be a good year even when on mat leave when Iím trying to hold onto pennies. Also in the middle of buying a house.... because everyone loves a challenge lol
    HOUSE DEPOSIT - £29,000/£28,000
    Debt Free since July 2016
    SPC #96 2018 £1,327.63
    SPC #96 2019 £1566.87
    SPC #69 2020
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,594Posts Today

7,483Users online

Martin's Twitter