Doesn't Yodel care?

Comments

• beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I placed an order with Viking on Tuesday for delivery on Wednesday - I received it today!

I contacted Viking who said they didn't know why I hadn't received it on Wednesday. Yodel said I'd instructed them to put the delivery on hold at the local depot. I didn't.

It transpires that because the order was for more than 10 boxes (paper) the van drivers won't take them - they only get paid for 10 apparently. They leave bigger quantities for the wagon drivers (unofficially). This is bad practice and should be stamped on by Yodel.

I've put in an official complaint to Viking and Yodel for all the good it will do.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    beardiedog wrote: »
    I placed an order with Viking on Tuesday for delivery on Wednesday - I received it today!

I contacted Viking who said they didn't know why I hadn't received it on Wednesday. Yodel said I'd instructed them to put the delivery on hold at the local depot. I didn't.

It transpires that because the order was for more than 10 boxes (paper) the van drivers won't take them - they only get paid for 10 apparently. They leave bigger quantities for the wagon drivers (unofficially). This is bad practice and should be stamped on by Yodel.

I've put in an official complaint to Viking and Yodel for all the good it will do.

I think perhaps you mean Yodel should pay their drivers if there are more than packages?
  • beardiedog
    Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    I think perhaps you mean Yodel should pay their drivers if there are more than packages?

That's between the van drivers and Yodel. They should not be playing silly games with customers' deliveries.
  • custardy
    Forumite
    That's between the van drivers and Yodel. They should not be playing silly games with customers' deliveries.

Yes it is between Yodel and the drivers. Yet you stated it should be 'stamped out' by Yodel.
    This could easily be done by paying the drivers for the packages they deliver,given thats the model Yodel choose. I'm not sure doing work for no pay is a silly game?
    Seems you are the perfect example of why the drive to drop service levels with pricing exists.
  • beardiedog
    Forumite
    Look. I was told by the wagon driver that this is what they do. I'm just relaying what I was told.

Do you work for Yodel? Have you experienced their continual poor service on a weekly basis?

My delivery was delayed by two days because the van drivers would not load my delivery onto the van. They had deliberately left it for two days. Had I not complained then my delivery would still be sat there gathering dust.

Their dispute IS NOT my problem. As a delivery company they are contracted to deliver their clients' goods next day.

Yes, this practice should be stamped out. I'm not advocating work for no pay and I would gladly pay more to get my delivery on time. Yodel need to take the situation in hand - pay them more if that's what it takes or sort it out one way or the other.

And don't patronise me!!
  • custardy
    Forumite
    edited 20 May 2018 at 8:51AM
    Look. I was told by the wagon driver that this is what they do. I'm just relaying what I was told.

Do you work for Yodel? Have you experienced their continual poor service on a weekly basis?

My delivery was delayed by two days because the van drivers would not load my delivery onto the van. They had deliberately left it for two days. Had I not complained then my delivery would still be sat there gathering dust.

Their dispute IS NOT my problem. As a delivery company they are contracted to deliver their clients' goods next day.

Yes, this practice should be stamped out. I'm not advocating work for no pay and I would gladly pay more to get my delivery on time. Yodel need to take the situation in hand - pay them more if that's what it takes or sort it out one way or the other.

And don't patronise me!!

So which is it? I work for them or have never used them?
    Or is it both?

You would gladly pay more but choose to use companies not offering that option?

You think Yodel are not aware of consignments sitting for 2 days? I would very much doubt their software doesn't generate daily stats of target vs actual on delivered items in the network.

Not sure how you feel patronised? Do you think its when someone disagrees with you?

Oh and Yodel dont offer next day delivery(I very much doubt your supplier it paying for their top product). So they are certainly not contracted to do so.
    Aim to but not guaranteed.
  • I've had experiences with this courier company too and I wouldn't recommend them either !

5 times they've been the designated courier used by the (different) places I bought from, twice the packages were 'lost', twice they were left on my front door mat where anyone could have stolen them and, on the 5th occasion, it was an evening delivery, the doorbell hadn't been rung, just a card pushed through the letterbox to tell me the item was on the front door mat !
    I was in the house, saw the guy drop it down, push card through letterbox, and leave.

From the receivers point of view I agree with the OP, it's annoying when you're using companies who use an unreliable courier company.

The 2 parcels that got 'lost' were items worth several hundred pounds each, the company I bought from were very accommodating and sent me the item out that second time too but that got 'lost'.

They sent it out to me a 3rd time using a different courier company - that one arrived in a proper and timely manner.

No, I wouldn't recommend them !
  • Naf
    Naf Posts: 3,160
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've been debating putting up a notice at my gate withdrawing the implied right of entry for Yodel (and Tories), as well as putting something in "delivery notes" instruction boxes to the effect of "please cancel my order if it is to be sent via Yodel". Companies need to know why customers don't come back, and even one or two will have an effect on small businesses.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
  • angharad
    angharad Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hi I've had the unfortunate experience to be at the mercy of several differnt courier firms over the past few months. All have been degrees of rubbish.

The worst one was a non-delivery, no card left. I sat here from 7 a.m. waiting for the knock that never came. The company said that the driver had tried to deliver. Strange, I said, hold on, I'll look at my CCTV. What do you know, no van, no driver, no delivery attempted but loads of lies. I challenged them. They didn't reply.

The latest fiasco was yesterday, where a 20 litre vat of oil was left at my local One Stop Shop for me to collect. (Stroke and all).

I am moving away from buying online, other than groceries.
  • angharad
    angharad Posts: 18 Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    It would take alot of people to do that and I cant see it happening.
    I would vote with my feet and wallet to get a decent service from a reliable and responsible courier company, even if I had to pay a bit more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure