Hi,

Can anyone recommend me a (cheap) dashcam? I'm clueless 😔

Thank you

Comments

• Viofo A119S generally a very good dash cam
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you tried all the Dashcam threads in Motoring - there's even a sticky!
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Define cheap, what's your budget?
  • Debran
    Debran Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    "Which?" have an article in this month's magazine on dash cams. There were four best buys and all were by Nextbase, ranging from £62 to £139.

The camera with the highest score (72%) was Nextbase In-Car-Cam 312GW Deluxe at £89. I'm going to buy one.

There are 11 "don't buy" dash cams listed on the page, ranging in price from £15 to £250 and one of these is also a Nextbase at £159. It's unusual to find more don't buys than best buys in a Which? report.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2017 at 12:42PM
    I second Next Base, very good

Dont even consider a basic cheap unreliable one

I bought a £30 effort from ebay, its now in the bin!

• Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    ballyblack wrote: »
    I second Next Base, very good

Dont even consider a basic cheap unreliable one

I bought a £30 effort from ebay, its now in the bin!

Funny, I use an SJCAM SJ4000 for £40, it's now 5+ years old, it's had a new lens (dropped it £3.50) and a new battery (£7), but it's still going.

The only reason i'd change is to get a front/rear setup.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 September 2017 at 3:40PM
    Cheapest is rarely the best buy

What options do you need?
    Why do you want a dash cam?

I wanted hard wire install, good low light video and continuous recording whilst parked options. I purchased Thinkware F770 front and F750 rear after my car was damaged whilst parked.

Last week my car was damaged again whilst parked. The woman drove off after hitting my car. I was able to supply dash cam footage to my insurer and the Police. Hopefully, she will be prosecuted for failing to report.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Sebikam is great. I have used it for 3 months and everything goes fine. What surprised me is the suction cup, as well as it's large screen.
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Been using one of these for 9 months - cheap and really good quality video https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E6M084A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • BigAl94 wrote: »
    Been using one of these for 9 months - cheap and really good quality video https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E6M084A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Doesnt inspire confidence when they say if the power supply does not work then contact them for a new one and that the rubber may need soaking in warm water. Right out of the box so whats it going to be like in 12 months?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure