Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 28

Options

Comments

• dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    m4rtin wrote: »
    The bit that says
    These vouchers are HIGH QUAILTY internet downloaded vouchers.
    [FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]
    Is a BIG clue to the fact that they are almost certainly COPIES of original coupons sent out by manufacturers following a complaint/compliment etc

Best advice is to steer well clear! Chances are if they were genuine we would probably have them listed on the first page :beer:
    [/FONT]

Yup. I know exactly the coupon this is and it's usually sent out in response to a letter or if one of their online coupons doesn't print they send this £3 off any RB product one out to you. They do have an expiry on them so any without an expiry have probably been doctored in some way. I have contacted a couple of the companies where their coupons are being sold on eBay and they confirmed these eBay coupons are indeed fakes and they are investigating trying to find out who are the individuals who are actively producing these. They don't really publicise these investigations as they don't want the perpetrators to know they are being watched and then pull a disappearing act.

It seems most companies are aware but I would contact the company in question if you see this on eBay as not all companies may be aware. eBay themselves unfortunately don't give a fig :( Shops are not reimbursed for these fakes by the companies either, hence why waitrose has suspended redemption of all Internet coupons as a national policy and other stores are far more reluctant to accept them xx
  • nutty_girl_2001
    Options
    dasophster wrote: »
    Yup. I know exactly the coupon this is and it's usually sent out in response to a letter or if one of their online coupons doesn't print they send this £3 off any RB product one out to you. They do have an expiry on them so any without an expiry have probably been doctored in some way. I have contacted a couple of the companies where their coupons are being sold on eBay and they confirmed these eBay coupons are indeed fakes and they are investigating trying to find out who are the individuals who are actively producing these. They don't really publicise these investigations as they don't want the perpetrators to know they are being watched and then pull a disappearing act.

It seems most companies are aware but I would contact the company in question if you see this on eBay as not all companies may be aware. eBay themselves unfortunately don't give a fig :( Shops are not reimbursed for these fakes by the companies either, hence why waitrose has suspended redemption of all Internet coupons as a national policy and other stores are far more reluctant to accept them xx

Mods - would it be worth starting a thread of 'known suspicious sellers/coupons for sale on eBay'? I personally fell foul of this thinking some Andrex ones were real, but fortunately managed to get a refund from Paypal and report the seller to eBay.
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    think this is new from ebay restricted items rules (whether they'll now do something if reported is another matter)
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/manufacturers-coupons.html
  • LaaCaz
    LaaCaz Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Options
    Chicago town pizzas are currently running a promotion. Buy 4 of their promo pizza packs, enter the codes into the site and get a coupon for a free pizza :D

http://www.chicagotown.com/epic
    :D Coupons = the only money we can legally print for ourselves:D

:j A coupon for a free item that is price glitched in Mr T's to be cheaper than Sada for an apg = HEAVEN :j

:money: total = £47.48 cc = 413 selling stuff = £23.00 Floor pennies = £5.79
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Myrtleturtle

Sainsburys mag issue 3 page 36, 50p moc for 1001 carpet fresh.

£2.80 S v £2.20 A.
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
  • Bedtimebear
    Bedtimebear Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    shopndrop wrote: »
    MT - thanks for the shiny new thread. :T:T:T:T
    We all have families and a life outside of MSE, so an extra big thank you for all your time and effort into keeping this thread up to date. So many people benefit from this. :j:j:j

MT massive thanks from me, my family and my friends this thread last year help save me approx £400.
    **Thank to all MSE who save me money with vouchers/ freebies & competitions ***
  • TheSuperScrimperFamily
    Options
    Not sure I'm posting this in the right thread but there's a printable voucher for a free Maltesers bunny for Tesco at the moment, details here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=60258203#post60258203

:)

Hi there,

unfortunately, the easter egg hunt is now over!
    Cheers!
    Balance recognizes that many good things in life are good only in moderation. When an interest, affection, or endeavor becomes utterly consuming, it doesn't allow room for other kinds of goodness. Coupon in moderation!
  • boltonboy_2
    Options
    hi All

just used 2 of these in Jysk by registering myself and myhubby at seperate email addy's. Then put my garden boxes through as seperate transactions

http://www.jysk.co.uk/tilmeldnyhedsbrev.htm

cath

xx
  • juliet_f
    juliet_f Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Does anyone know if the Tesco Finest £2 off a £10 spend is still available? There was a post with a PDF of the Tesco Finest magazine at the end of the old thread. Can't find any reference to it in the first post here. Thankyou!
  • TheSuperScrimperFamily
    Options
    Hi Juliet,

valid til 7 apr!
    Balance recognizes that many good things in life are good only in moderation. When an interest, affection, or endeavor becomes utterly consuming, it doesn't allow room for other kinds of goodness. Coupon in moderation!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure