warm home discount scheme

Options
1616263646567»

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I applied online and assume it is going through. My son has PIP and we got it last year. I wonder how long it takes. I need it as the weather gets colder not next March. Is it worth ringing up to ask how long before I know? Thanks
    You won't get it straight away, i get this every year and it's usually March that it's added to my account. It will most likely be after Christmas sometime, if you're accepted.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied online and assume it is going through. My son has PIP and we got it last year. I wonder how long it takes. I need it as the weather gets colder not next March. Is it worth ringing up to ask how long before I know? Thanks

If you're getting it you should be informed about it no later than December and you should have received an acknowledgement of your application. You should not just assume that you're application has been submitted and you should inquire about it although applications for 2018/19 are now closed.

March in the following year is the deadline for payments but depending on the energy supplier payment might be earlier than that.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    although applications for 2018/19 are now closed.
    Some energy suppliers have opened applications last month and the rest will follow from now.
  • Tara100
    Tara100 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Some energy suppliers have opened applications last month and the rest will follow from now.

Thanks for reminding me - I've just submitted my application to EDF :D
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family