Tax Credits Renewals - 2014

1686970717274»

Comments

• I have sat and read through this thread and I feel your pain!
    I have now been waiting 16 weeks and nothing...

I got through by phone about 6 weeks ago to be told mine hadn't been processed yet and it could take up until the 31st of November and they couldn't give me any other information than that!

I have tried to get through to them again for over a week and it says they are too busy and to try calling later :(

Unfortunately I am having some financial problems at the moment
    Which could result in me and my family having to move in with my parents and I really need to know were I stand financially!

I can't help but think the 31st of November will come and go with still no update...

Having read other peoples stories it seems the majority are in the same boat

I was on maternity leave for 24 weeks hence my figure was a lot lower this year and I'm guessing this might have something to do with the long wait as well as the fact they seem to be behind!

I wish this could get sorted ASAP
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I have sat and read through this thread and I feel your pain!
    I have now been waiting 16 weeks and nothing...

I got through by phone about 6 weeks ago to be told mine hadn't been processed yet and it could take up until the 31st of November and they couldn't give me any other information than that!

I have tried to get through to them again for over a week and it says they are too busy and to try calling later :(

Unfortunately I am having some financial problems at the moment
    Which could result in me and my family having to move in with my parents and I really need to know were I stand financially!

I can't help but think the 31st of November will come and go with still no update...

Having read other peoples stories it seems the majority are in the same boat

I was on maternity leave for 24 weeks hence my figure was a lot lower this year and I'm guessing this might have something to do with the long wait as well as the fact they seem to be behind!

I wish this could get sorted ASAP

Could you not have done it online?.
  • Orville I have never done online before
    I either do by post or by phone and have never
    had problems until this year!

I did however manage to speak to someone tonight
    after my initial post and the guy I spoke to
    Said the reason mine hasn't been done is because
    the figure I submitted is lower than the figure
    Given by my employer. I explained that this is because I have
    been on maternity leave and had to deduct SMP using the formula instructed by them. The day I submitted my figure I actually explained all of this!

He apologised and said it will be passed to head office to look into
    And someone will be in touch but couldn't say how long it would take.

I just hope I'm not waiting much longer as I think iv waited long enough :(
  • Doing it online isn't any quicker.

The processing timescale is still the same. The errors that have happened this year would still be the same.

I did think that blondebubbles, hopefully they will get it sorted
    for me...
  • Online only started this year. As did using the employers figures. That's why it's causing so much bother, it's only a new process so it was bound to happen.

It might benefit you next year to do it online to save you having to post it or waiting for ages on the phone.

Ahh I see, well thanks for the information. I will remember
    For next year :)
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It might benefit you next year to do it online to save you having to post it or waiting for ages on the phone.
    Only if they let you enter deductions online, otherwise it is utterly pointless as they will ignore what you enter, as they did this year.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • KevinG
    I think you will find it will never come (check your calendar). Seriously, I hope it all gets sorted out for you.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • KevinG
    I never said it would make the issue on deductions any easier.
    Which, in the context of the problem, which was specifically related to deductions, makes it pointless.
  • I appreciate the advice and I will chase it up again with them
    If I don't hear anything in the next few weeks.

I did consider writing to my MP but I will hold off with this for now

It's amazing how these things can cause so much stress!
  • Orville I have never done online before
    I either do by post or by phone and have never
    had problems until this year!

I did however manage to speak to someone tonight
    after my initial post and the guy I spoke to
    Said the reason mine hasn't been done is because
    the figure I submitted is lower than the figure
    Given by my employer. I explained that this is because I have
    been on maternity leave and had to deduct SMP using the formula instructed by them. The day I submitted my figure I actually explained all of this!

He apologised and said it will be passed to head office to look into
    And someone will be in touch but couldn't say how long it would take.

I just hope I'm not waiting much longer as I think iv waited long enough :(

Hi, have you had any joy?

I'm still waiting too and am now wondering whether it's for the same reason as you as I was off on maternity leave for most of the 2013-2014 tax year too. Last chased 8 weeks after renewal at the end of September and was told 30th November but seems that dates going to pass now too. Ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure