MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Anyone who else been getting this message all morning after entering all their credentials?

We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    paragon909 wrote: »
    If you feel this way, Call TSB complaints and demand compensation or money for inconvenience. But it will be met with hostility on here, As everyone seems to lover bankers at the moment.

And probably none are TSB customers, Just like to sound like they have a right to be outraged.

I couldn't access my money at 6PM on the sunday when the upgrade supposed to have finished, I got £37 for making me wait! I'm not naive to how trying to transfer 5 million customers in a weekend would succeed.
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    Richard Meddings, TSB Chairman, clearly said yesterday in answer to the question

Q. "How will TSB make things right?"

A. "
    TSB don't simply use a 'financial calculation' when assessing compensation. It will also take stress and inconvenience into account..."

Just for the record, I don't have any issue with people making a valid case for genuine stress and inconvenience caused by TSB, rather than solely direct financial losses, but was simply highlighting that for someone suffering no financial impact it's inaccurate to portray that as expecting to get money back (back from what transaction exactly?) as opposed to a discretionary goodwill gesture. I also have to say that it doesn't surprise me that TSB don't consider someone feeling "hard done by with not being able to see where my money is in my account" as being genuinely worthy of financial recompense if that was the sum total of their experience....

And also for the record, I'm a TSB customer who's been (only mildly) inconvenienced but, far from seeking the right to be outraged myself, find the contrived outrage of some others not to stand up to much scrutiny! Those who lazily choose to misinterpret this as support for TSB are welcome to their opinions but they're wrong - it's perfectly feasible to see things other than via an oversimplified black or white for or against TSB stance....
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2018 at 9:44PM
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Just for the record, I don't have any issue with people making a valid case for genuine stress and inconvenience caused by TSB, rather than solely direct financial losses, but was simply highlighting that for someone suffering no financial impact it's inaccurate to portray that as expecting to get money back (back from what transaction exactly?) as opposed to a discretionary goodwill gesture. I also have to say that it doesn't surprise me that TSB don't consider someone feeling "hard done by with not being able to see where my money is in my account" as being genuinely worthy of financial recompense if that was the sum total of their experience....

And also for the record, I'm a TSB customer who's been (only mildly) inconvenienced but, far from seeking the right to be outraged myself, find the contrived outrage of some others not to stand up to much scrutiny! Those who lazily choose to misinterpret this as support for TSB are welcome to their opinions but they're wrong - it's perfectly feasible to see things other than via an oversimplified black or white for or against TSB stance....

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, there is one reported example of a customer from TSB receiving a goodwill gesture of £40, for the rest of us we have received nothing.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    grunnie wrote: »
    Last Saturday I tried several times to log in to my TSB account. It let me in but crashed on me each time and wouldn't let me sign out. When I got up on Sunday morning my computer went in to hibernation mode!! and crashed what ever that is and it cost me £25 at my local computer shop where I bought it 5 weeks before....

This isn't TSB's fault and hopefully you won't be expecting them to refund the £25.

Hibernation mode is a setting on Windows computers which is similar to a 'sleep mode'. If the computer detects it hasn't been used for a set period of time it closes down systems to minimise power consumption whilst keeping the programmes and data you were using safely stored. Pressing the power button (or whatever the computer has been configured to use) should bring it back to life exactly as it was before going into hibernation. If the computer crashed (stopped working) then there is something wrong with the settings or the hardware.

The local computer shop ought to have explained this to you, and frankly were cheeky to charge you £25 to 'fix' something so minor on a computer they only sold you a few weeks previously. Did they not offer a guarantee on items they were selling?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Uxb wrote: »
    It's worth remembering how exactly we got here.

Lloyds TSB were ordered by the EU to split off TSB as an independent entity.
    This allowed the newly formed minnow bank to be bought up by a Spanish bank with very little apparent idea of how the UK market and how online access is used in the UK.
    So as usual it's a EU plan which has resulted in UK consumers being fked over.

This scenario will be harder to achieve and therefore far less likely after Brexit.
    Hurrah!
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    We must have been very fortunate to have retrieved our account quickly and to have suffered a couple of minor 'glitches', before being able to access all areas, check accounts and Credit account. Compared to others, we have been lucky.

Downside is that we are unable to complain here and unable to ask for compensation that we would not be able to receive anyway.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek for that last comment, in case anyone does not recognise the irony.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 May 2018 at 3:32PM
    Things seem to be getting smoother although a bit slow and garbage coming up whilst it is fetching the information. The drop down view another account tab seems to be working now. CC still missing on laptop but is OK on the app.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Uxb wrote: »
    It's worth remembering how exactly we got here.

Lloyds TSB were ordered by the EU to split off TSB as an independent entity.
    This allowed the newly formed minnow bank to be bought up by a Spanish bank with very little apparent idea of how the UK market and how online access is used in the UK.
    So as usual it's a EU plan which has resulted in UK consumers being fked over.
    Not convinced that it's legitimate to shoehorn your anti-EU agenda into this situation unless you have some factual support for such assertions!

The spin-off from LBG was indirectly EU-related by virtue of the UK government's (understandable and deliberate) breach of state aid rules when propping up banks during the global financial crisis, but trying to pin the recent issues specifically on ownership being outside the UK seems to be straying more into routine xenophobic territory rather than something to be laid at the door of the EU as such.

I'm not defending Sabadell here but don't see any evidence that the IT issues arose specifically because the parent company is outside the UK and doesn't understand "how online access is used in the UK", whatever that's suppose to mean....

Do Santander not understand the quirks of the UK either perhaps because of being Spanish?

Were you manning the barricades when Clydesdale/Yorkshire were owned by National Australia Bank? Thought not....
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cotta wrote: »
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves, these is one reported example of a customer from TSB receiving a goodwill gesture of £40, for the rest of us we have received nothing.

I put a complaint about two weeks ago and today received a letter saying they are very busy with complaints PLEASE BEAR WITH US...

I am happy with that in the circumstances, I have faith that TSB will gradually get their systems in order. I can now login and transact, the only problem now is my TSB credit card which although I can use it and all transactions show it seems to have forgotten to produce a Statement for April showing a debit balance but a figure of £0 due. More concerning there is only one bracket being used around (Master Card
    :eek::)

The Parliamentary committee was the usual play acting by both sides,
    You are naughty. I'm really sorry. You are really really naughty. I'm really really really sorry. Do you know how naughty you are. Yes and I'm really sorry. Paper tigers come out to play (and get paid for doing so) and change nothing.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,174 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Still no CC showing for me.
    Hasent shown for me since the whole sorry mess began.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure