Pay for birthdays and Christmas 2018 with surveys

Comments

• dizzybee wrote: »
    hi, can i join please, has everyone already started or does this start in Jan?

#6 - dizzybee

Welcome aboard!

You can really start whenever you want my dear.

I still have some gifts to get for Christmas then a couple in January too so just trying to get as much as I can in to finish those off.

Dxxx
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Please could i join in ,im not sure how much time i will have this year but will definitely start in January ,so far i only do surveys with populuslive but i have already been given my first £50 cheque and now working towards my next one .Thank you.
  • try_harder wrote: »
    Please could i join in ,im not sure how much time i will have this year but will definitely start in January ,so far i only do surveys with populuslive but i have already been given my first £50 cheque and now working towards my next one .Thank you.

#7 - try harder

Course you can, the more the merrier.

Dxxx
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just thought I would do a quick update on where I am at the moment, these will all go towards 2018 as I am pretty much done for this year, 2 left but will use cash.

Swagbucks - 530 going to try and hit the 620 needed for a £5 amazon giftcard while they are cheaper.
    Prolific - £10.33 (£4 pending) this will be going in to the SPC so I won't count this towards this challenge but I've put it here so that I can monitor them all in one place.
    Yougov - 1775 points, need 5000 to cash out £50, started this in August so it really is taking forever to hit the cash out. I don't think I will continue once I have managed to cash out.
    Ipsos - 2335 points, trying to get it up to 3000 to cash out a £25 prepaid card which I will then use to top up my amazon account (prepaid cards are cheaper than amazon vouchers here).

I think this is all the sites I use.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Just thought I would do a quick update on where I am at the moment, these will all go towards 2018 as I am pretty much done for this year, 2 left but will use cash.

Swagbucks - 530 going to try and hit the 620 needed for a £5 amazon giftcard while they are cheaper.
    Prolific - £10.33 (£4 pending) this will be going in to the SPC so I won't count this towards this challenge but I've put it here so that I can monitor them all in one place.
    Yougov - 1775 points, need 5000 to cash out £50, started this in August so it really is taking forever to hit the cash out. I don't think I will continue once I have managed to cash out.
    Ipsos - 2335 points, trying to get it up to 3000 to cash out a £25 prepaid card which I will then use to top up my amazon account (prepaid cards are cheaper than amazon vouchers here).

I think this is all the sites I use.

Oh that's a good idea to get the prepaid card then add that to Amazon, never thought of that!

Might need to nab that idea.

Dxxx
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The only problem with doing this is that when you add the card to your amazon account they automatically deduct £1, this is returned after around 10 days. What I do is I add the card to my account and then wait a week or so and then try and top up with the full balance of the card.

Its also great for when you have a purchase to make but you won't use the whole balance of the card as you can add the remainder to your account provided it is over £1. I know these pre paid cards can be a nightmare if you don't know exactly what you want to use them for.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 January 2022 at 4:46PM
    Hi Dolly Rocker and everyone else :)

I'd love to join in please. I have tried to do this in the past, but have never been able to keep it up all year.

I'll start in January, as I've still got loads of Christmas presents to get and will never get enough vouchers etc to cover them.

Got a nice easy start to the year, with only a friend's birthday in January and then nothing until March (unless you count Valentine's Day of course).

Emz xx
  • The only problem with doing this is that when you add the card to your amazon account they automatically deduct £1, this is returned after around 10 days. What I do is I add the card to my account and then wait a week or so and then try and top up with the full balance of the card.

Its also great for when you have a purchase to make but you won't use the whole balance of the card as you can add the remainder to your account provided it is over £1. I know these pre paid cards can be a nightmare if you don't know exactly what you want to use them for.

Yeah I've always been put off because I worry I would lose them too!

Dxxx
  • Emzilla wrote: »
    Hi Deleted_User and everyone else :)

I'd love to join in please. I have tried to do this in the past, but have never been able to keep it up all year.

I'll start in January, as I've still got loads of Christmas presents to get and will never get enough vouchers etc to cover them.

Got a nice easy start to the year, with only a friend's birthday in January and then nothing until March (unless you count Valentine's Day of course).

Emz xx

#8 - Emzilla

Welcome!

I'm the same I lose the will sometimes but thought if we had a good group of us we could boost each other to keep it up throughout the year.

Dxxx
  • dizzybee
    dizzybee Posts: 1,415
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Welcome everyone, i have managed to get my Christmas shopping done, food is ordered for the last week of Dec so only fruit and veg to pick up from local market, this will be paid from money i have made from selling stuff, got a cheque due from surveys and a payout from Global test market so once that arrives i will start this challange,
    good luck everyone

SPC no:076
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family