NST - Stupendous Sextilis

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Lots of people off for the weekend/week - hope you all have a fantastic time away!!

lcc86 - sorry to hear of your diagnosis at such a young age but in a way knowing what is wrong is helpful as then you can adjust your lifestyle/seek out treatments.
    Sorry your parents reaction was not what you wanted - sometimes they don't know what to say especially when their own children are young and shouldn't have ailments or maybe they just have foot in mouth syndrome and say the first thing they think of without actually thinking whether its suitable ((lcc86))
    A couple of people on MSE recommend Golden Paste which is made from turmeric, there is a lot of research into turmeric being a big help to painful joints and other things.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Crazy cat lady I hope you enjoy your cleaner. I've only had mine a week and its amazing. The change in my mood this weekend is great. My DH is like yours. Doesn't see dirt and thinks there is a dishwasher loading fairy. He's been away this week, so the advantages of the cleaner will be even more marked next week.

3 NSD's in the bag. This being back at work thing is great for that. I don't have the time or energy to shop unnecessarily. I had to force myself to go yesterday afternoon. £30 for weekly shop. Seems very low but I think I have everything for the week.

I've had a lazy start to the weekend doing lots of little jobs. On my 2nd cup of tea, then off to the gym. I hate going on a Saturday as the weights area is so busy, but I was too knackered yesterday morning so its my own fault.

Gratitudes -

1) Cleaner:j
    2) A week DH free :rotfl:(although it will be lovely to have him back tomorrow:eek:)
    3) My training program - beginning to see, and feel, results. But I AM NOT GETTING UP ON STAGE IN A BIKINI ! (My friend is convinced I am going to actually do it!)

Have a lovely Saturday everyone.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    LCC, My sister in law is only slightly older than you and has had arthritis since a much younger age. Next time I see her I'll ask if she has any tips, she hasn't let it get in the way of her life, I'm sure you'll be the same.

Today won't be a NSD as Saturday is my shopping day and there is a chance I will be going out later, we shall see.

I've been accepted for the M&S CC that Martin emailed us about this week, I'll have to wait a while for my voucher, but I am so glad it will be coming my way.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    LCC hope you get some good advice. Let us know any new diets/ treatments. My knee been painful last week together with my hands.Good luck your parents probably just in shock mode.

Had a long very bubbly bath last night- such a treat. Helped my knee.

Today

Spendy day Lidl £40 to include flowers today's treat.

Trimmed all hedges and next doors. What a nice neighbour I am, just annoying one side neat another messy. She's about 10 yrs younger than me and think she could do more around house than she does. I don't mind fresh air and exercise.

CCL laughing my head off, think you may have me muddled up with someone else. My husband won't be doing my dishes seeing I left him over 25 yrs ago hehe x

Grateful for
    Sun out
    Having a restful afternoon which I needed. Sniffles cold and ache all over

Wine to wash my cooking disaster down

Made a moussaka think really a disaster my last one was lovely but I used cinnamon today rather than mixed spice too strong taste. Nevermind heaps of it will freeze and eat in smaller portions over time- won't waste it.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Calling14 wrote: »

CCL laughing my head off, think you may have me muddled up with someone else. My husband won't be doing my dishes seeing I left him over 25 yrs ago hehe x

Sorry Calling :o:o:o Not sure how I mixed you and Thrifty up. My brain hasn't engaged well the past few days. :D
    Expect your ex dh still washed dishes at yours more recently than mine has. :p:rotfl:
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone for your kind messages! Really appreciate it. Will look into some stuff around diet and exercise and go from there.

Today hasn't been a NSD. Went to a prepaid high ropes session with some friends from work, it was SO much fun but I was absolutely petrified lol. Then OH and I went out to lunch so spent £5, then I had to pay for parking for my laser tattoo removal appointment so another £3 spent. I've also lost my sunglasses so am going to use this spend day to get some more online, relatively cheap ones just for driving.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Today turned into a long day but happy and fairly satisfying. Went to sleep at 12.30 having set the alarm for 7.30 but woke at 5.30. Eased into the day but was outside Icyland just after opening at 8am. Small shop for me and one for mum, both to be delivered between 3pm and 5pm.

Took a longer route home, passing through another shop to buy 2 more bits off mum's list, some from Beloved's list and bulk toilet rolls (3 x 18 packs for £10) + £2.50 off because it was over £25. Went home, unpacked and repacked, informed Beloved that food would be arriving then went to get the taxi, pick up mum and off to her appointment.

We were early, sat in the sunshine for ten minutes then went to check in. Seen nearly straight away, bought pies for lunch (£1.99 each - nearly died) and phoned for taxi home before original appointment time. Mum's Saturday visitor phoned me to say she wasn't coming - something organised for her grand-daughter's 6th birthday. Went back inside to buy mum's weekend tv magazine (visitor would normally have brought it).

Long slow journey home (one long traffic jam) but enjoyed the scenery. Very grateful to get in and have drinks (I had water with me but decided it was too much bother to unearth it from under everything else in the rucksack). Had dinner, put washing out, read/ dozed (mum said I must not go near the shed for fear of making it start raining again).

Food delivery arrived and put away. Neice came to visit. Made tea. Neice took a note to one of the churchwardens, as it was on her way home rather than me making a special trip.

Just got home, so tired but tomorrow is mine (have brought in/ put out more washing and pleased to see that all the shopping has been put away).

Today I am grateful for spending quiet time with mum, that my neice was not injured when she had a car crash yesterday (swerved to avoid someone driving straight at her and hit a bollard - was trying to escape into a small space, the other driver drove off), that the neighbour's burst pipe has not casued too much damage (she called my brother out and then they had to phone United Utilities at 3.45 am), that I have got most of the important stuff and quite a few 'regular but need to keep on top of'' chores done.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Haven't managed to post for a few days so Friday was NSD 3 and yesterday I did a wee top up shop at Lidl. Today should be a NSD, I'm working later on but my plan for this morning is to have a bit of me time - make a yummy breakfast, watch a film and paint my nails :D

Yesterday I was grateful for a day off work, good weather, an enjoyable run, picking a dog out at the rescue centre (home visit on Wed to check our flat is suitable so fingers crossed), hm fish and chips for tea, hm choc chip cookies and an evening curled up on the sofa reading my book.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Fingers crossed for the home visit misstara I love rescue dogs :)

Yesterday was a spend day as I went to visit a friend in Birmingham. Went to a lovely Syrian restaurant for lunch which was gorgeous and cost £8 even though I accidentally ordered two main dishes (wasn't sure what I was ordering). We had a lovely long walk with occasional breaks to shelter from the rain under a tree and chatted the whole day.

Hopefully today will be a SFD unless I decide to go to the pet store later. I'm currently sat out in the garden enjoying the peace and quiet and blue skies.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Lcc - which sort of arthritis do you have? A friend has rheumatoid, so an auto-immune one, and she has to avoid foods from the deadly nightshade family (tomatoes and potatoes and ALL forms of pepper are 3 foods I can remember from that). She also has a dairy issue.

I just have the 'normal' one that you get as you age - though I'm not old enough for it in my opinion (late 40s) and have found that caffeine free (almost) and sugar free (sort of) really help.

Also, my dh got me some 'fisiocrem' to rub on the joints (for me gthat is fingers, hands and toes), which I LOVE. And a ginger, turmeric and bromelain tablet from nature's aid online.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure