PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Try British Heart Foundation, they usually do furniture.

No problem Mrs MP - if I'm ever in Norfolk I'd love to meet up! Maybe kazwookie can remember who it was.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,144 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No problem Mrs MP - if I'm ever in Norfolk I'd love to meet up! Maybe kazwookie can remember who it was.

Was it mav?
  • Fen1
    Fen1 Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Emmaus do furniture removal and house clearances.

House is still full of stuff for my charities. Grrrrrr.

However, a few bulky things have gone via Freegle.

A question for the art folk. Is it worth paying more for a gimlee (sp??) print than a standard print? I've seen something I quite like but am bamboozled by the print types and prices.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Was it mav?

What's happened to mavvymoo I wonder? Not been on here since February.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,144 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fen - giclee prints are designed to look more like the original, giving more of the texture of painting than an ordinary print does. The technique is more expensive. Look at the pictures, decide what you like and buy based on that. It's worth more if YOU like it more. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...
  • Fen1
    Fen1 Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, Greenbee. Unfortunately, I am buying online not in a shop. If I could see the print - as in a shop - I could decide on the best option. I can't do that. That's the problem.

YouCat is sitting on my lap for the second time today. Just shows it's getting colder.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Options
    Two food warmers and a large window squeegee being delivered to DS1 tonight. Discovered 2 large glass platters in the cupboard so offering those to a friend first - if she doesn't need them they'll go in the CS bag.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Think we need to KM some pears pretty quickly. Our tree is sagging under the weight. We tied up one branch last weekend but it's hanging quite badly.

We're not really keen on pears, will try and trade for apples with a neighbour across the street and pass some onto MIL this weekend.

Anybody else got a glut of pears this year?
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK what do you all do when you are so overwhelmed you really cant start

I have far too many clothes to go in the space I have

I cant even tidy what is there to sort what I have

(I do have bipolar and a few other issues) the Bipolar means at manic points I just buy more stuff - latest was 200+ on clothes and make up and a new to me car at over four grand - but I do LOVE that itreally does spark Joy

should I just grab all out of wardrobe and start there to give me space then drawers etc then tackle a pile of cloths and add to the tidied and Koned areas as there is no way I can do it all at once

what did some of you do in this situation please
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just read back and you are doing so well - sounds like you have been doing it for a while though

well done to all of you I am hoping really soon that I will be able to start instead of just moving things around

you are love lovely examples of what I want to be able today
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income