PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh for goodness' sake FPk, that's not very clever of HR! I can't imagine how they've managed to get the wrong referee <rolls eyes>

Well, it appears I find myself looking after the grandchildren for a couple of hours this afternoon while their Dad attends an important appointment. Hmm, I think I'll see if one of them knows how to put a DVD on for me :D
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    FairyP. I have a friend like that. Correction, I HAD a friend like that. We were close for some years but there would be months, sometimes years, when I wouldn't hear from her. I was always aware that it was a one sided friendship, for instance I never forgot her birthday and she never remembered mine. She was also very self-centred, she didnt like anyone to step out of the roles she had assigned to them. I was her 'fat friend' and on one occasion when we met she had put on a lot of weight and I had lost a lot. It was 2 years before I heard from her again. Anyway we are in an 'off' period at the moment. She invited me to stay with her and I blotted my copy book well and truly. One day I had the temerity to feel ill and didn't quite fall in with her plans for a long walk, but the it was the last day that sealed my fate. She decreed that I should do my packing before I had a shower and breakfast and I did it AFTER. There was an angry silence until I left and I haven't heard anything since.
    Do you know? I don't miss her a bit.

burtha take great notice of what Mrs LW has said. She has hit the nail on the head about the matter of trust. When you have trusted someone with your very soul and they suddenly betray and destroy you, you will never be able to trust another person in quite the same way again. I read something somewhere along the lines of, "My love is unconditional. My trust and respect is not." Exactly so.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Some news bulletins just in......

The body of a heating engineer has been found halfway up a hill in Scotland. Presuming death was by asphyxiation, as his mouth and throat were stuffed with kale.

Police are questioning a lady of mature years who was found on a barge in the Home Counties wearing a purple suede corset, wellies and a sou'wester.
    A spokesman has said that everyone knows that you should never wear a suede corset when it's raining.

An epidemic of lunacy appears to have taken over the country, with people wandering around with one trouser leg rolled up and munching Rich Tea biscuits. Don't they know that chocolate digestives are the biscuit du jour?

We certainly live in strange times.....

Had to tell you I've just found this thread and got as far as this before nearly choking myself to death laughing. :D

Off now to catch up with the rest of it and look forward to 'joining' if I'm allowed. :cool:
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Welcome Chrystal.

I mostly leave them all to it on this thread but occasionally butt in. Currently my biscuit tin is empty.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Welcome Chrystal :hello:

I didn't have to look after the grandchildren after all, as DSIL's appointment was cancelled :)
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Had to tell you I've just found this thread and got as far as this before nearly choking myself to death laughing. :D

Off now to catch up with the rest of it and look forward to 'joining' if I'm allowed. :cool:

If you are also as mad as a box of frogs then you are more than welcome to join us :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Hi Chrystal, welcome to the mad house! Please don't feed the elephant anything other than rich tea biscuits should you come across him, he seems to have developed a 'bit of a thing' for Scottish shortbread and becomes very skittish if he gets even a crumb and rampages his way across many threads, I wonder just who is to blame for that then??? anyone got any ideas??? we do get him back eventually but it means letting Nursie out of GQs cupboard with all the consequences that brings as she's the only one with any real control over him (even elephants are scared of some things) and sometimes the cure is far worse than the complaint. Boxes of amphibians of the green hopping kind aside please don't choke before you get to the end of the thread, don't do it then either but join in and have some fun, we do!!!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Welcome Crystal.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Well Crystal......I dunno..........I mean........just how batty are you?

There are a few questions to answer before we'll let you in.

a) Do you roll your left trouser leg up before clicking on this forum?

b) Have you polished your rolling pin?

c) Do you customarily meet your best beloved from work wearing a PVC mac, high heeled shoes and NOTHING ELSE?

d) Would a teaspoonful of kale poison you?

e) How are your elephant riding skills?

f) If Nursie engaged in mortal combat with Henri d'Vac who do you reckon would win?

g) Write a short essay, 5,000 words minimum, on the subject of jellybabies.

If your replies are satisfactory we will welcome you with open arms and a limp handshake.

hugs.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    monna

Polish a rolling pin be damned - I am sharpening it!!!!!!:mad:

I also have a cast iron skillet (for bashing in zombie skulls)

The knowledge that rhubarb leaves and daffodil bulbs are poisonous
    is always a useful threat.

I am a sweet little old lady really ;)
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts