Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Regardless of the rules, you also have to take into account the logistics of sorting out this type of problem. With passengers spread out all over Europe, because of the French strike, the airline have a mammoth task of trying to repatriate them. Especially if it involved making alternative transport arrangements using train, road and sea on a case by case basis.

If you opt to make your own arrangements your doing the airline a favour.

I don't usually have any sympathy with the airlines but in this case there are no winners, just as with the volcanic ash situation.
    Well exactly - that's my point, I'm happy to organise it as long as they pick up the tab. They save hotel/meals costs, and the hassle of trying to organise us alternative transport.

They seem to have no info about contingency plans on their website.
  • codo
    codo Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We have booked a weekend in Marseille next weekend. I have just read there is another planned French air traffic control strike on Friday, the day we are travelling.

We have booked the flights and accommodation through Easyjet Holidays. I have read the T&Cs and am still not sure where we stand as it is a Force Majeure.

Has anyone had this happen and what was the outcome?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If your flight is cancelled then you will have the choice on whether to travel on the next available flight Easyjet can get you on or receive a refund (Compensation does not apply)
  • codo
    codo Posts: 357 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2015 at 9:17PM
    Thanks Caz3121, do you know if we will also get a refund for the accommodation as we booked it all as a holiday.

Strike action averted thankfully ��
  • liver-bird
    liver-bird Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 April 2015 at 11:37PM
    I sent off my letter to easyjet last week using the template and today received an emailing saying that she had "checked the Flight Report and can see that the duration of this delay was 5 hours and 27 minutes and it was caused by a technical issue with the aircraft. In accordance with the regulation EC261/2004 and in line with the guide lines laid down by the Civil Aviation Authority this delay has been classified as non extraordinary and you are eligible for compensation on this occasion.....I can offer 250EUR per passenger....To enable me to make this payment to you please forward the last 4 digits of the card that you would like me to credit and a contact phone number."

This seems in line with what others have said on here but I am slightly concerned about the card number part. The email seems legit and I can't imagine it would be enough to get money OFF my card.

Is that all they need to refund the money? As it was so long ago, I don't have the same card anymore. Does that matter? Her email didn't sayt it had to be the same one.

Have others then received their refunds soon after this stage, or am I likely to have to progress it further?

It was a nice surprise if this is all legit! Thanks
  • benschita
    benschita Posts: 19 Forumite
    Does anyone know what the time limit is in Switzerland?
    I flew Basel - Gatwick with 5 hours delay on arrival in 2011.
    I am writing to London but fully expect EJ to tell me the swiss side is liable!!!
  • benschita
    benschita Posts: 19 Forumite
    Does anyone know what the time limit for compensation is in Switzerland?
    I flew Basel - Gatwick with 5 hours delay on arrival in 2011.
    I am writing to London but fully expect EJ to tell me the swiss side is liable especially if the Swiss accept less than the UK 6 Year rule!!!
  • kerryi27
    kerryi27 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Is a cracked windscreen exceptional circumstance
    My family and I were delayed over 4 hours returning from Tenerife on Thursday night with Easyjet. They said it was due to a cracked windscreen.
    Can we claim compensation for this , I seen a list on here that looks like the airline don't have to pay out but this was from early 2014.

I have seen Monarch lost a court case about this in August.
    So does that mean that now it is not classed as exceptional circumstances .
    Any advice greatly appreciated .
  • liver-bird wrote: »
    I sent off my letter to easyjet last week using the template and today received an emailing saying that she had "checked the Flight Report and can see that the duration of this delay was 5 hours and 27 minutes and it was caused by a technical issue with the aircraft. In accordance with the regulation EC261/2004 and in line with the guide lines laid down by the Civil Aviation Authority this delay has been classified as non extraordinary and you are eligible for compensation on this occasion.....I can offer 250EUR per passenger....To enable me to make this payment to you please forward the last 4 digits of the card that you would like me to credit and a contact phone number."

This seems in line with what others have said on here but I am slightly concerned about the card number part. The email seems legit and I can't imagine it would be enough to get money OFF my card.

Is that all they need to refund the money? As it was so long ago, I don't have the same card anymore. Does that matter? Her email didn't sayt it had to be the same one.

Have others then received their refunds soon after this stage, or am I likely to have to progress it further?

It was a nice surprise if this is all legit! Thanks

Was this a recent flight Liver-bird? I've had a claim rejected for a delay of 304 mins at Bristol on 30/03/15 which we were told by staff at the airport and by the crew once on board that the delay was due to a fault with the plane which couldn't be fixed so had to bring another plane down from Scotland and a replacement crew from Luton. The reason I got from Easyjet for the claim rejection was "Extraordinary due to air traffic restrictions". I have asked them to expand on this which according to the CAA I am entitled to but despite chasing EJ are not replying. Think I may have to resort to no win no fee people to get this resolved for me.
  • Kaybenson
    Kaybenson Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello guys,

1) My family member by a single ticket to fly easy jet from Berlin to London. The plane was schedule to depart at 21.25 but end up departing over 3 hours later.

2) We bought a single travel insurance(1 Stop travel insurance) for the journey.

My questions is as follows;

a) Can i make a claim from both or just choose one?

b) Where could i sent the claim form to? Or can i do that via easyjet website?

c) Which website can i use to check the actual arrival time?

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure