Everyone got a payrise except me

Options
13»

Comments

• KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To be fair to your employer, they gave you a payrise a month ago - it would be fairly unusual for someone to get a promotion one month and then an additional payrise a month later. Most organisations would consider that a promotion a few months before a standard payrise would suffice. I promoted someone to a manager role in my team in April where she got a payrise - so she didn't get the standard payrise in June as well, as she hadn't proved herself in role, yet. However, next year I will bear that in mind when doing her salary review.

Personally, I'd tell your manager how you feel, but without sounding accusatory. And I'd ask that next year the payrise given brings you in line with your colleagues, so that you aren't missing out.
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • beckysheffield
    Options
    KiKi wrote: »
    To be fair to your employer, they gave you a payrise a month ago - it would be fairly unusual for someone to get a promotion one month and then an additional payrise a month later. Most organisations would consider that a promotion a few months before a standard payrise would suffice. I promoted someone to a manager role in my team in April where she got a payrise - so she didn't get the standard payrise in June as well, as she hadn't proved herself in role, yet. However, next year I will bear that in mind when doing her salary review.

Personally, I'd tell your manager how you feel, but without sounding accusatory. And I'd ask that next year the payrise given brings you in line with your colleagues, so that you aren't missing out.

Totally of post but how can you use an apostrophe without a bunch of characters coming up?
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Totally of post but how can you use an apostrophe without a bunch of characters coming up?

By not using an Apple product.

Mine's fine because I'm posting from a Kindle Fire tablet.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You got the other payrise a month ago. Many companies won't give payrises to the same person so close together.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    You got the other payrise a month ago. Many companies won't give payrises to the same person so close together.

I think the OP's argument is that the payrise a month ago should have happened several months back. All the OP can do is raise it with the employer
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Takeaway_Addict Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If your wages don!!!8217;t rise with inflation you are earning less. Companies aren!!!8217;t expected to raise pay with rates of inflation but if they don!!!8217;t you are worse of but not a pay cut.
    I understood the definition that was being used, I just don't agree that it is a pay cut....
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure