Redundancy from dissolved company

Hi I am wondering is anyone has some advice,
I worked for a company for 14 and a half years and was told we were going INSOLVENT and I was being made redundant last September, I was told and I have it in writing that we would be paid redundancy wether it be from the company or from redundancy payments,
Redundancy payments refused my application and said I need to go to tribunal to be awarded the right to have it paid to me.

Now the tribunal have told me that because the company has been DISSOLVED (something that I didn’t know and was lied to about) that I basically cannot do anything unless I apply to have the company restored on companies house, I basically want to know that is there any chance if I do get the company restored that I will get redundancy. Or is it not worth it?
I’m only asking for statuary redundancy. Nothing more, it’s just what I am owed from working 14 years.

Hope someone can help

Thank you

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    What do you mean, the tribunal told you this? Because you are too late to go to a tribunal now with a claim - it's 9/10 months ago that this all happened. And only a tribunal can make an award that the RPS would honour - that's an employment jurisdiction. Why did the RPS refuse payment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure