PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I went looking for shorts for DD yesterday but had no luck I did however buy for me and DH.

MoreMile black & green running top, a winter thermal one so will be put away, it will also be used on the bike - £1.99

Next laundered green check shirt, long sleeve, button down £1.99
    Monsoon maxi skirt in a gypsy style - rather 70's in print £1.99
    River Island white slub tshirt, slouchy style with a slouchy V neck & pocket £1.99

Teal/blue Vans, barely worn £6
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Leave your friend to their own devices for 90 mins, you'll be able to get through them fast (bargains can be found but they are few and far between, if like me your price threshold for purchase is low).

Better still, have them wait in the queue for The Elephant House whilst you shop :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ha, no way am I going to the Elephant House.....I went to the Cafe Majestic in Porto, Portugal once where some Harry Potter stuff was supposedly written....nearly got squished in the crush and empaled on selfie sticks....never again!!!

Said friend is very anti chazza shopping...I've never admitted to her that I indulge.....I just do an invisible smirk whenever she admires a new bargainatious outfit :D
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Then park her in a queue to a tourist attraction you agree on & slope off on the hunt.
    You simply cannot pass up a Nine Shop opportunity because of one person's scruples can you? I mean you're not *married* to them.

(I'm fine with scruples, and matrimony, I just don't let them get in the way of the hunt - happily I married a bloke who is a better hunter than I am but has more respect for family life etc or the children might not get fed reliably.)
    Oh yes & of course take your own bags to conceal the origins of your trophies?! (Sorry, strong possibility of grandma & eggs.) Don't let one friendship suffer because you have different belief systems, but do please hunt, or we won't know where to try in Edinburgh!
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Soooooo frustrating! I'm in Edinburgh for a few days with a non-chazza-ing friend and I have counted nine charity shops on the road leading to our AirB&B apartment!!! :cry::cry::cry:

The Edinburgh Charity Shop and Reuse Map is a comprehensive guide to donating and buying from charity shops and reuse projects. It provides information on what type of donations each shop or project accepts and how to contact them. Funded by City of Edinburgh Council, the map is available online.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Said friend is very anti chazza shopping...I've never admitted to her that I indulge.....I just do an invisible smirk whenever she admires a new bargainatious outfit :D
    You need to get new friends :D

Seriously, there's so much to see and do in Edinburgh you should be able to lose her for a couple of hours.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The other advantage to charity shop clothing for DS.... Horrific teething related nappies, means risking a 3 for a £1 pair of his trousers rather than brand new £8 ones. And yes, even in Asda new jeans etc for a one year old are about £6-8!!

And today DD is wearing a dress I bought in another 3 for £1 batch before I actually knew I was having a girl (the girls clothes were just too tempting, would have donated back again if we'd been having a boy!).
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A lovely black and white top from Wallis, no ware showing at all and a pair of brand new slim fit black trousers from Benneton - £6 for the both

Not a charity shop, but a sports clothing shop, I saw a lovely hoodie. Price was £17 but it was two for £24. I didn't want two. Nor did the other woman looking through them so I gave her £12, she paid for the two, saved ourselves a fiver each - RESULT :)

Then popped in to TK Maxx for a pair of trainers needed for this charity run Im doing. Found a pair that seemed to do the job, very bright colours mind, for £29. Looked them up and they retail for £130 :eek:
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    nice to hear you posting lucy glad you still on it even with 2 babas...hope ds teething is ok :A

I went into cr yesterday and came out £9 poorer but with some lovely bits....mantaray flowery top £2...3 t shirts one white stuff 2 m and s for a quid...a lovely summery bag £2...a little cardi just the thing for the british summer £2 a lovely next hoodie £2...all lovely condition
    onwards and upwards
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I bought a lovely soft holdall bag today, bright fuschia flowers on a grey background which will be great for summer outings for £2. Plus another 4 books.
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Not a charity shop, but a sports clothing shop, I saw a lovely hoodie. Price was £17 but it was two for £24. I didn't want two. Nor did the other woman looking through them so I gave her £12, she paid for the two, saved ourselves a fiver each - RESULT :)
    One of the key things that sets humans apart from lower forms of life is the ability to organise ourselves and co-operate :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Laredouter
    Laredouter Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely chuffed with today's purchase:

A khaki quilted country jacket by NW3 by Hobbs -£8.99. Very very happy with this as the lining is lovely (cream with little foxes, pheasants and other country paraphernalia) and it is in immaculate condition. I feel like a country lady
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure