IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

2 Successes in last 60 days

Had 2 PCN's cancelled in last 60 days, one for wife and one for brother in law - both using advice off this forum (a big thanks to all contributors).

First one went to POPLA:

TPS Parking

Decision
Successful

Assessor Name
Lauren Bailey

Assessor summary of operator case
The operator’s case is that the appellant was not authorised to park.

Assessor summary of your case
The appellant’s case is that the operator failed to meet the requirements of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

Assessor supporting rational for decision

The appellant has not declared the name of the driver. Therefore, I must ensure that the operator has issued the parking charge in accordance with the provisions set out in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA 2012). PoFA 2012. Schedule 4 paragraph 14 (1) of PoFA 2012 states that: “If – (a) The creditor is by virtue of paragraph 13(2) unable to exercise the right to recover from the keeper any unpaid parking charges mentioned in the notice to keeper, and (b) The conditions mentioned in sub-paragraph (2) below are met, The creditor may recover those charges (so far as they remain unpaid) from the hirer.” It then goes on to state under paragraph 14 (2) that: “The conditions are that – (a) The creditor has within the relevant period given the hirer a notice in accordance with sub-paragraph (5) (a “notice to hirer”), together with a copy of the documents mentioned in paragraph 13(2) and the notice to keeper” The documents mentioned in paragraph 13(2), referred to in the above excerpt, are: “(2) … (a) a statement signed by or on behalf of the vehicle-hire firm to the effect that at the material time the vehicle was hired to a named person under a hire agreement; (b) a copy of the hire agreement; and (c) a copy of a statement of liability signed by the hirer under that hire agreement” I have reviewed the evidence provided by the operator. I cannot see a copy of a statement signed by or on behalf of the vehicle-hire firm to the effect that at the material time the vehicle was hired to a named person under a hire agreement, a copy of the hire agreement, or a copy of a statement of liability signed by the hirer under that hire agreement. As these documents have not been provided to me in the body of evidence supplied by the operator, I am not able to consider that they have been provided to the appellant in accordance with the provisions set out in PoFA 2012. As a result, I am not satisfied that the provisions set out in PoFA 2012 have been met for the purposes of transferring liability for unpaid parking charges from the keeper to the hirer of the vehicle. I appreciate that the operator considers that the appellant’s appeal stopped the correct process; however, to be able to transfer liability to the appellant, the operator was required to follow the process set out in PoFA 2012. I note that the appellant has raised further grounds for appeal, however as I have allowed the appeal on this basis, I have disregarded them. Accordingly, this appeal must be allowed.

Not following PoFA regulations (tut tut tut). They tried to put up a defense saying i hadn't followed their "correct process", but ultimately, they lost and I won.

Second for brother in law was with Highview Parking whose NtK looked like it had been written by a 3 year old, and got cancelled at 1st appeal - no need for POPLA.

My advice, dont pay, dont name the driver, fight all the way.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Jolly good, thanks for confirming the advice works - and well done to you! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sorry need your help... I have been staring at this page for a while now...
    Where is the 'NEWBIES' FAQ's?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    top of this forum, second thread down normally

please go there and read it , then start your own new thread if needs be , using the red NEW THREAD button , top left of this forum
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2018 at 1:20AM
    DollyKx wrote: »
    Sorry need your help... I have been staring at this page for a while now...
    Where is the 'NEWBIES' FAQ's?

You missed the coloured writing under my posts? You replied RIGHT UNDER THE WORDS.

Look at the words below, that tell all newbies where to click to find the NEWBIES thread...

Right in front of you all along.

Look now below!

I don't have this colourful signature for fun.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure