Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for putting an alternate, Yeah I fully understand that point of view, but the second measure surely means that ‘that the flight concerned’ did not suffer from adverse weather at CDG ?

It will be interesting to see what Jet2 come up with, its very interesting, in the knock on weather delays, I just wish we could have a definitive decision either way...
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you win, do you think Jet2 will appeal it? ;)
    If you lose, will Botts appeal it?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    If you win, do you think Jet2 will appeal it? ;)
    If you lose, will Botts appeal it?

TBH, you should know I haven’t got a Bl00dy clue!

I’ll cut my overgrown lawn, at least I’m being honest, that’s why I’ve handed it over to Botts
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • sirgadabout
    Options
    Is there any way of finding out the door open time of a flight?
    It!!!8217;s advertised as landing with a 2h57 delay and unfortunately my husband couldn!!!8217;t see the doors to see what time they opened but he didn!!!8217;t start moving off the plane for a good ten mins.
    At one point the advertised delay was 3 hours on jet2 website which I managed to screen print but it!!!8217;s been amended down again.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there any way of finding out the door open time of a flight?

I understand it is recorded by the airline, but they won't divulge that information unless it is asked through a court when you use MCOL.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Lynnenige
    Options
    27th Apr 18 at 10:44 AM
    Reading on mse site and came across flight delay comp and remembered being delayed coming back from crete to leeds bradford in 2016 was given food vouchers which gave delay reason as late arrival of inbound aircraft put flight info into checker says delay was 3 hr 17 mins does anyone know if this is a valid claim flight was jet2 and i have paperwork . Thanks
  • Tyzap
    Options
    Lynnenige wrote: »
    27th Apr 18 at 10:44 AM
    Reading on mse site and came across flight delay comp and remembered being delayed coming back from crete to leeds bradford in 2016 was given food vouchers which gave delay reason as late arrival of inbound aircraft put flight info into checker says delay was 3 hr 17 mins does anyone know if this is a valid claim flight was jet2 and i have paperwork . Thanks

It depends on the reason for the delay, if it was classed as an 'extraordinary circumstance' no comp due, if it wasn't you will be due an amount of compensation dependant on the distance.

Download and read Vaubans great guide, details below.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Lynnenige
    Options
    On our food voucher it states late arrival of inbound flight which doesnt sound like an extraordinary circumstance but how would anyone know the proper reason
  • Tyzap
    Options
    Lynnenige wrote: »
    late arrival of inbound flight

It's a catch all excuse that tells you nothing.

Put in a claim and see what they say. You can expect them to tell you as little as possible, and mess you about as much as possible.

All will eventually become clear thru the claims process.

Good luck.
  • Lynnenige
    Options
    Ok so i filled in claim using resolver on mse but they have niw stated they want it in writing so dies anyone have a link to a letter i can use do i use NBA or another
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure