Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • robsters
    • By robsters 14th Feb 18, 11:50 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    robsters
    Flow Energy Final Bill through the roof
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:50 PM
    Flow Energy Final Bill through the roof 14th Feb 18 at 11:50 PM
    Ok so we moved out of a 1 bedroom flat we lived there for 10 months from 1 april 2017 to 30th Jan 2018, i was paying 64 per month for electrix but flow now claim my final bill i need to pay them an extra 777!!!! i have attached a copy of my metre readings from when i moved in to when i moved out, I am so lost on what to do! i do not have this kind of money i am a parent with very basic income job as well.

moved in metre reading day reading 02333 moved out reading was 09432
Page 2
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 23rd Feb 18, 10:13 PM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 2,241 Thanks
    matelodave
    Unfortunately this is the same problem that most people have when they dont read the meter themselves regularly, check their on-line bills or statements and even make sure that any estimated bills are corrected.

Once you've moved out and lost the ability to check your on-line account and not kept any records of your own you become effectively stuffed because you've no idea what went on, so you can't challenge it.

You can't even check whether the day and night readings on the billscorrespond with the actual day & night rates on the meter

You need to be a bit more pro-active in future by reading the meter yourself at least once a month and keeping your own records. Make sure that the on-line account is correct and that you do actually understand which register is which and that it's correctly recorded on the bills.

Do not accept estimated readings, get them corrected and SAVE copies of your monthly statements as PDF files and keep them, even when you've moved or changed suppliers because energy companies have up to six years to correct their bills.
    They shouldn't have to if you've made sure that they were correct at the time.

It's a very hard lesson to learn but without having your own info you cannot know whether they are right or not
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • David Aston
    • By David Aston 24th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 816 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    David Aston
    I think, rosters, that when you read your meter, the rate that is in use as you read it, will have it's rate number flashing. That is 1 or 2.
    You would expect a reading taken at 2pm for instance, to be day rate.
    Normally, I suppose, the day rate figure should be much larger.
    • robsters
    • By robsters 24th Feb 18, 11:17 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    robsters
    thing is surely should be able work out what i used as i gave them an opening and closing metre reading, i know all this talk about giving readings during my 10 months but surely all that would of done is helped to realise i was using to much sooner?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,607Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin