Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@ skid112 – I can certainly look into why this is happening for you if you drop us an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk or if you issue a support ticket.

@ 166million – This will be done via support ticket, winners should get email notification too and we also put a banner on your account overview to tell you you are a winner and have a support ticket to tell you more ��

@tentonine – The offers and rates do change. At the moment the new person who joins will not get a signup bonus through the tell a friend scheme but are still eligible for our standard new member deals etc ��

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Please could you help? TCB often have a promotion during bank holidays by spending £10 to receive a bonus of £2.50. I spent the agreed £10 but my account shows a lesser amount spent, maybe something to do with VAT but when the offer is on there's no mention that the spend has to over £10+VAT. I feel the offer is misleading.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pjran wrote: »
    Please could you help? TCB often have a promotion during bank holidays by spending £10 to receive a bonus of £2.50. I spent the agreed £10 but my account shows a lesser amount spent, maybe something to do with VAT but when the offer is on there's no mention that the spend has to over £10+VAT. I feel the offer is misleading.

I think it did say in the t&cs that some retailers exclude the vat and that the amount must be over £10.00
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    pjran wrote: »

Misleading? Or, when is a £10 spend not a £10 spend.
    T&C's confirm the possible VAT issue and always does, you just need to be aware of it!
    Terms & Conditions
    During this promotion members of TopCashback are able to receive an additional £2.50 cashback when the below Terms and Conditions are met.
    Please do not worry if your bonus does not track straight away. Some merchants, including eBay, Not On The High Street and Ali Express may take longer to track, please allow up to 7 days before raising a support ticket.
    To be eligible for the £2.50 cashback promotion, you must be a member of TopCashback.co.uk. You must activate the offer via the link above. Activation will be reported back to TopCashback.
    You must make a purchase through TopCashback between 00:00 GMT August 25th 2017 and 23:59 GMT August 28th 2017. This is avaliable on all merchants across the site.
    Your purchase amount should be £10 or more, this is the purchase amount reported back to TopCashback, some merchants may exclude VAT or delivery charges.
    You are eligible for additional top up for a maximum of 1 individual purchase.
    You can earn a maximum of £2.50 cashback.
    Tell-A-Friend, Sign Up bonuses or Snap & Save will not count as one of your purchases towards the Cashback Bonus.
    Cashback Bonus will be added on to your account as a seperate cashback amount once the original transaction has tracked. Please allow 7 days for this to appear.
    If you cancel your order, the Cashback Bonus will be removed.
    Only one TopCashback.co.uk account per person is allowed.
    Cashback Bonus may not automatically apply to purchases where a Missing Cashback Claim needs to be lodged to get your purchase to track correctly. If this is the case and your claim is successful you will need to raise a support ticket to be awarded the bonus.
    TopCashback will not be held responsible for any technical failure or otherwise which prevents participation in this promotion.
    Events may occur that render the promotion itself or the awarding of payable cashback impossible due to reasons beyond the control of TopCashback and accordingly TopCashback may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to TopCashback as a result.

Should it be based on a £10 spend or would it be 'fairer' if it was a £12 (or more) spend to cover all merchants, especially those that report cashback ex VAT? Difficult one, I'm happy as it is as I often use companies that report the full amount. Superdrug for example, I spend £12+
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    I have tried the £2.50 reward offered on these special occasions and each time there has been a catch. Firstly, one the first one, I was told I had not activated it...why do I have to if you are offering this? TCB finally gave in and credited me. However, I followed the last £2.50 offer to the letter spending at Holland and Barrett who are usually ok at cash back. And guess what? H & B haven't acknowledged the cashback so now TCB won't give me the money despite it showing clearly that I purchased items on their site on the relevant date that the £2.50 should be paid. It is a real rip off and please stop offering these incentives if you cannot honour them, TCB
    Carh:A
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@pjran – We did have in the terms of the offer which were available on the activations page that this needed to be £10 tracked value and that some merchants may not track VAT in this. In order to be fair to all members, we can not award it in your case if your transactions didn’t meet this criteria.

@carh – In order to make the bonus track the system needs to be activated first. In addition, in the past when we have added funds which some members weren’t expecting they can get confused which is something activating prevents.

I will clarify here that if your transaction doesn’t track, if you lodge a claim your bonus will still be awarded - as long as the terms of the bonus we’re met.

We have given thousands of pounds worth of bonuses out this year and we will continue to find new ways to reward our supportive and appreciative member base.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    Misleading? Or, when is a £10 spend not a £10 spend.
    T&C's confirm the possible VAT issue and always does, you just need to be aware of it!

Should it be based on a £10 spend or would it be 'fairer' if it was a £12 (or more) spend to cover all merchants, especially those that report cashback ex VAT? Difficult one, I'm happy as it is as I often use companies that report the full amount. Superdrug for example, I spend £12+
    I always play safe with these offers and ensure I spend at least minimum spend + vat amount.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello TCB representative..

What do you suggest I do then when its the anniversary of my taking out the policy paying monthly instalments throughout that time?

if I can't escalate what are my options? Be stuck in limbo?

Brizzle
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Is the cashback value calculated when you place an order or when it ships? I ordered something recently that had quite a good cashback value for a limited time. The item was out of stock and placed on back order. The cashback offer has since expired and is now a lower value.
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 September 2017 at 11:14PM
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@pjran – We did have in the terms of the offer which were available on the activations page that this needed to be £10 tracked value and that some merchants may not track VAT in this. In order to be fair to all members, we can not award it in your case if your transactions didn’t meet this criteria.

@carh – In order to make the bonus track the system needs to be activated first. In addition, in the past when we have added funds which some members weren’t expecting they can get confused which is something activating prevents.

I will clarify here that if your transaction doesn’t track, if you lodge a claim your bonus will still be awarded - as long as the terms of the bonus we’re met.

We have given thousands of pounds worth of bonuses out this year and we will continue to find new ways to reward our supportive and appreciative member base.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt

You could make it clearer by telling us which merchants exclude the VAT element. As a consumer I have no idea how to identify which merchants you are referring to.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback